What is this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Big Cheese

Reaction score
We have a Charolais Bull that has developed at lump under his jaw. It was very big to start out but now its like a softball or bigger. I was just wondering what everyone thinks it could possibly be. Probably going to call the vet this coming week to see what he thinks as well but I wanted to share.

First guess would be an abscess, but could be any number of things. Is he eating and drinking ok? Has he lost any weight with it?

Big Cheese":3ug2y0tb said:
Not able to check but it looks like it could be soft. I was thinking it was full of pus possibly?

If you've got a good vet I'd probably call him. In my case I'd catch him and stick a needle in it and see what I could draw off. If after a couple of stays it didn't stay down, I would lance it, drain it and shoot some peroxide in it. Just my :2cents:

So you don't think just by looking at this picture that it's life threatening? I know that's hard to determine just by looking at a picture.

lump in his throat. Has he been recently turned down by a female? or lost a close friend?

Internet diagnosis -he is sad

Latest posts