What is this dump trailer worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
2007 6x10. 5200 axles. Surge brakes, unsure if they work. He said 25% tires. Ex rental unit. I need some rock occasionally, dirt moved and misc hauling. Convenience is the main reason, wanted a load of rock before the rain and no one was available.

Attachments

• 87DA3126-BFC0-423A-863F-52F0AB540366.jpeg
    87DA3126-BFC0-423A-863F-52F0AB540366.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 111BCB5C-5653-4ABC-B4DA-E28005D7290D.jpeg
    111BCB5C-5653-4ABC-B4DA-E28005D7290D.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 14
  • 61311128-9805-43BB-8C8B-4812FFB10CEE.jpeg
    61311128-9805-43BB-8C8B-4812FFB10CEE.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 15
I have bought junk like that and get it to the house and it is not what I thought. Usually I can put it in a auction and get my money back or close if not satisfied. One way to look at it. You don't win every time.

Here's an example of a new one. It has 3500# axles. https://sleequipment.com/dump-trailer-6-x-10.html

I'm guessing if you can get a used one with 5200# axles for $3500 you're getting a bargain in todays market. And, whatever he wants for it, if you don't jump on it it may be gone in a couple of days.
I got the 16' version of this a little over a year ago for the same price as your link.

It was the last one on the lot, and he said prices were going up. They always say that , but wow, they sure did

I'll be the devil's advocate here. Those trailers are made to work. Work clothes wear more than Sunday clothes. And being an ex - rental unit, I think it looks darn near new!! Current rental units I see running around have fenders flapping or beat to death, tailgate beat and bent up, jack usually at such a weird angle it is a wonder it holds up the empty trailer. If I wanted it and had jobs for it, I would spend the money. Think of all the people that had no interest in its well being and overloaded it and abused it and look how good it has held up. Those types of trailers will bring good money 10 years from now.

I'll be the devil's advocate here. Those trailers are made to work. Work clothes wear more than Sunday clothes. And being an ex - rental unit, I think it looks darn near new!! Current rental units I see running around have fenders flapping or beat to death, tailgate beat and bent up, jack usually at such a weird angle it is a wonder it holds up the empty trailer. If I wanted it and had jobs for it, I would spend the money. Think of all the people that had no interest in its well being and overloaded it and abused it and look how good it has held up. Those types of trailers will bring good money 10 years from now.

I didn't get a chance to go look at it in person before it sold. Saw it was gone today when I drove by with a load of calves. Can't be making any large purchase now after the news my wife gave me the other day.

I didn't get a chance to go look at it in person before it sold. Saw it was gone today when I drove by with a load of calves. Can't be making any large purchase now after the news my wife gave me the other day.
Hope it was good news

Hope everybody is healthy because the rest is just stuff. You can buy it and you can sell it cant replace people you love.
I think the wife is battling depression due to health issues. Now it she doesn't think she wants to be with me anymore. I guess you can't blame her for not wanting to be with a grump old man. Looks like 36+ years down the drain. Years of hard work to be sold, loss of a farm that has been in the family since the 1800's. Too old to start all over, ready to just give up. Been saving for retirement so now that seems like a dream.

Thats tough for sure. Divorce is a lot of ups and downs and you win some lose some. Who knows she may get a handle on her own problems and realize you aren't one of them. Dont get down on yourself and the world as hard as that is sometimes. It takes two to make it work and people change over time. Hang on to what you can and don't lose sleep over what you can't . Myself and i am sure several others here have been down this road. Starting over isnt always as hard as you think.

Don't know if any of that helps or not but keep your head up. Thoughts and prayers to you as you go thru it.

I think the wife is battling depression due to health issues. Now it she doesn't think she wants to be with me anymore. I guess you can't blame her for not wanting to be with a grump old man. Looks like 36+ years down the drain. Years of hard work to be sold, loss of a farm that has been in the family since the 1800's. Too old to start all over, ready to just give up. Been saving for retirement so now that seems like a dream.
Keep your head up, I can only imagine the struggle. But things could always be worse, I was just diagnosed with a super rare form of cancer and will start radiation and chemotherapy as soon as a bed is available. My wife got a little grumpy after my diagnosis, and it was rough times. Good luck you'll get through it!!

Hate to hear that Tom. Praying over your situation.

Keep your head up, I can only imagine the struggle. But things could always be worse, I was just diagnosed with a super rare form of cancer and will start radiation and chemotherapy as soon as a bed is available. My wife got a little grumpy after my diagnosis, and it was rough times. Good luck you'll get through it!!
Dang, that's rough. Prayers up.

Latest posts