What is the purpose?

Help Support CattleToday:

Same purpose as 20"+ wheels, or lift kits with big mud tires, or any other loud exhaust system, etc. Somebody thinks it is "cool" enough to spend money on and it might increase flow. :lol: Any real or reasonable purpose. nah

SteppedInIt":2zhz7e2p said:
Same purpose as 20"+ wheels, or lift kits with big mud tires, or any other loud exhaust system, etc. Somebody thinks it is "cool" enough to spend money on and it might increase flow. :lol: Any real or reasonable purpose. nah

:lol2: :lol2:

They've been doing that for years haven't they?

Worst sound ever is a loud pipe on a diesel with a slow shifting auto tranny.. sounds like a sick cow taking it's last breath.

If I could fine a reason to put stacks on my truck, I would, but I know they'd get in my way and I'd get pizzed of with them or bash them up on something

Nesikep":3b0k5i1u said:

Worst sound ever is a loud pipe on a diesel with a slow shifting auto tranny.. sounds like a sick cow taking it's last breath.

If I could fine a reason to put stacks on my truck, I would, but I know they'd get in my way and I'd get pizzed of with them or bash them up on something

Here its something you see more and more now.

Trucks have evolved from utility to image and luxury. Look at the price of new trucks.

I shouldn't talk too much, just bought myself an International with a DT466, and I am toying with turning it up.

SteppedInIt":2d877hu8 said:

Some people have more money or credit that sense! Saw a post somewhere the other day a guy was talking about people buying all those tire/wheel combos on credit, said they were getting good at repossessing them also.

Nesikep":3o9idcye said:

Just need a reason to go wading in deep water :lol2:

Seen the odd landrover with an front mounted pipe, probably due to the fact the original fell off, and one from a tractor was cheeper :lol2: :lol2:

There is a guy around here with a 90's model dodge diesel pick up. He has one big azz stack in the bed of his truck roughly the diameter of a 55 gal drum. Takes up the front corner of his bed. The cab and glass is covered in black soot. He is probably in his early to mid 40's at that. He is also one of those that the light goes green and he does a 1000' drag to catch the next red light with a cloud of black rumbling out of that barrel. When I see this guy I just shake my head.

Dave shelby.. at least an IH with a 466 is a real truck. the high pressure oil pump on those is known for causing some greif on the electronic injection engines, but they're good engines.. If yours is a mechanical pump I'm sure you can turn it up pretty easy.

My buddy (50 years old) had dual stacks on his truck.. the Y pipe broke and he went back to an ordinary tailpipe, said it was nice to hear himself think while driving again, though he is toying with the idea of putting them back on.. He's got 700,000 miles on that truck

I never understood paying money putting a stack or bigger tail pipe in for the sake of better "air flow". I just took my tail off for better air flow, and it didn't cost but 1 hour of work.

It's the new 'rice'. Blowin coal, and wide cambered wheels with stretched tires have taken the place of big axxed wings and a 100 stickers plastered all over the place.
A fad, like swallowing goldfish and flagpole sitting--this too will pass.

StanceNation-Japan-2014-39-800x533.jpg

It's whats gonna put a end to deleted trucks . The coal rollers gonna ruin it for all of us . On the 2007.5 + newer trucks the emissions stuff fails and is expensive to keep up , I have deleted the dpf, cat, urea , egr stuff on all my newer trucks but I don't tune them to roll coal . Yeah if I get on it but not intentionally . Won't be long before the fines start getting enforced bc of those guys

BobbyLummus1":1q77b5q4 said:
It's whats gonna put a end to deleted trucks . The coal rollers gonna ruin it for all of us . On the 2007.5 + newer trucks the emissions stuff fails and is expensive to keep up , I have deleted the dpf, cat, urea , egr stuff on all my newer trucks but I don't tune them to roll coal . Yeah if I get on it but not intentionally . Won't be long before the fines start getting enforced bc of those guys
Yep!

Speaking of coal, I just finished reading The Wright Brothers by David McCullough, great book by the way, and it said in 1906 Wilbur Wright sailed out of New York for France on a ship called the RMS Campania and it burned 500 tons of coal per day. I'm wondering what kind of equipment they used in 1906 to load enough coal for a voyage onto the ship.

Years ago I saw a Land Rover with stacks and a snorkel for the air intake. Weird part is that it was in the Mojave Desert.

Latest posts