what is it worth opinion?

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
I just got a 2013 F250 4x4 long bed. Monday I am having a flatbed installed and they are offering 600.00 for the factory bed/tailgate. Any idea what it would be worth? Isee alot advertised on CL for 1200-2000$, but dont know if they are selling them either. Its a base model truck, no camera in tailgate, white.

If it has the back up camera don't do it . My neighbor has his tailgate stolen a few weeks back and it was 5k thru the dealer for replacemwnt tailgate camera and such for a 13 f250 platinum

I should have read your post . No camera those ford tailgates are the most stolen ones in the country

M5farm":lnqoippt said:
If it has the back up camera don't do it . My neighbor has his tailgate stolen a few weeks back and it was 5k thru the dealer for replacemwnt tailgate camera and such for a 13 f250 platinum

Dag after a while if your tailgate is stolen and you put in a claim with your insurance they may total the truck lol

I know to buy a new I painted bed side for a 3/4 ton Chevy is about 600$ plus the cost of getting it ready to put on a truck. I don't know how ford parts like this compare. But for a whole bed and tailgate I really think 600$ is to cheap to let it go.

Keep it and run it on Craigslist. The best price I found for a 99 F250 bed was 900.00 and I shopped around. Most places wanted 12-1500.00 for one.

Brute 23":entjcyqm said:
Tell them to knock a grand off the bill and its theirs.

I agree. Even old pickup boxes from the 90's are worth good money ($1500-2000) if they are in brand new shape and go through insurance.

Call your local wrecking yard and ask for the price to buy one from them. That should give you a pretty good idea of it's value

saltbranch":2ivls23s said:
I just got a 2013 F250 4x4 long bed. Monday I am having a flatbed installed and they are offering 600.00 for the factory bed/tailgate. Any idea what it would be worth? Isee alot advertised on CL for 1200-2000$, but dont know if they are selling them either. Its a base model truck, no camera in tailgate, white.
Salt price a new tailgate. With all the interior hardware the tailgate will run you more than that.

I really think it depends a whole lot on where you are. I've kept beds in the same situation in the past and never could get them sold for any more than what you've been offered. And yes, some were brand new one's, too. If you don't foresee putting it back on the truck at some point, and especially if you don't have a good (covered) place to keep it where you won't cuss it every day, I'd take the money and run. I know the others are right that if you had to buy that bed through a dealer or body shop, it'd cost several times that, but if your part of the country is like mine, 3/4 and 1 ton factory pickup beds are everywhere, and cheap. The tailgate is the most valuable part, but I'll guarantee you whoever offered to buy it knows that, too.

DLD":1wiqz6fo said:
I really think it depends a whole lot on where you are. I've kept beds in the same situation in the past and never could get them sold for any more than what you've been offered. And yes, some were brand new one's, too. If you don't foresee putting it back on the truck at some point, and especially if you don't have a good (covered) place to keep it where you won't cuss it every day, I'd take the money and run. I know the others are right that if you had to buy that bed through a dealer or body shop, it'd cost several times that, but if your part of the country is like mine, 3/4 and 1 ton factory pickup beds are everywhere, and cheap. The tailgate is the most valuable part, but I'll guarantee you whoever offered to buy it knows that, too.

Thats about where I am at on this. With the Eagle Ford blowing and going around here, there is no shortage of new take off beds. Called a couple junk yards and top dollar offered was 600.00. My wife is against keeping it, as she said..you run your trucks in the ground and when you sell the truck the flatbed wont be worth saving to put on a new truck. Oh well I am ready for Monday and get my new flatbed installed. I sure like them better than pickup bed.

Most tailgates are stolen from parkinglots, like Lowes or Walmart. Drive up, open tailgate, slip the cables off, pick the thing up and put it in their pickup and gone in less than 60 seconds.
You can buy a locking gizmo for it if you are one that removes your tailgate often--or, if yours looks like the one in the lower right, just slip a good stainless hose clamp over it (with the tailgate installed but partially open) and tighten it down from the bottom. It's not foolproof but it will stop 90% of the smash and grab type thieves.

tailgate_hinge_kit_oem_38646.jpg

Did you buy the truck new? Some folks around here order their new trucks without the bed, I will ask what it saved them to buy without the bed, I was on Interstate 90 a few weeks ago and saw a load of trucks and some were without beds also. Good luck with your new truck! 101

Without the bed was a 652.00 dollar delete. I would have had to order as I had stipulated hand crank windows/manual locking hubs/manual t-case shifter/tilt-cruise and all vinyl interior. Apparently its hard to find the manual roll up windows and manual hubs/t-case. They found a 3/4 ton like I wanted with the exception of the bed delete about 150 miles away, that's the one I bought.

saltbranch":1mmk6av5 said:
Without the bed was a 652.00 dollar delete. I would have had to order as I had stipulated hand crank windows/manual locking hubs/manual t-case shifter/tilt-cruise and all vinyl interior. Apparently its hard to find the manual roll up windows and manual hubs/t-case. They found a 3/4 ton like I wanted with the exception of the bed delete about 150 miles away, that's the one I bought.
That would have been fairly easy around here I think. Any reason you like all vinyl Interior? All the other stuff I agree with, I just don't care for vinyl.

Latest posts