What implant do I want?

Help Support CattleToday:

Chocolate Cow2

Reaction score
I have 80 5-weight steers. I want to implant them before going to grass. I've always used Ralgro but everybody knows the story there. What do I use? I've looked through all the implants listed on Valley Vet's site and can't figure out which one to use. Help would be appreciated.

Component te-g
That's what I've been using since ralgro. That was my vets recommendation

Chocolate Cow2":2c1hc53v said:
Thanks Tbrake. I liked Ralgro. I bet we never see it again.

Pardon my ignorance. I have never used implants. where I worked for many years, they never used implants, so I really have no experience with them. What happened regarding Ralgro? Why will they not be seen again?

Workinonit-you're not ignorant. You have a legit question. I bought these steers to run on some grass for the summer. I want to maximize gain as much as possible, as quick as possible. Implants are the way to do that.
The plant that manufactured Ralgro burnt...or maybe flooded. I'm not sure. Either way, there is none to be had.
If a company has a product that is financially lucrative, wouldn't they work 24/7/365 to get that product back into consumers hands? This will be the second summer Ralgro hasn't been available. So I'm cynical-that's why I say we won't see it again.

Chocolate Cow2":kpi8lj0o said:
Workinonit-you're not ignorant. You have a legit question. I bought these steers to run on some grass for the summer. I want to maximize gain as much as possible, as quick as possible. Implants are the way to do that.
The plant that manufactured Ralgro burnt...or maybe flooded. I'm not sure. Either way, there is none to be had.
If a company has a product that is financially lucrative, wouldn't they work 24/7/365 to get that product back into consumers hands? This will be the second summer Ralgro hasn't been available. So I'm cynical-that's why I say we won't see it again.

Thank you for your reply.

Chocolate Cow2":3hqczrup said:
If you want to maximize gain you should look into (aka-google) Synovex one-Grass. It lasts longer than the TE-G and has more punch. That's the one I would chose.

I'm going with Revalor G but I can't tell you it's because of all the research I did. It's strictly because that's what my feed Co-Op got and they will loan me a gun until we see if Ralgro is really coming back.

cjmc":1cop2hsd said:
Chocolate Cow2":1cop2hsd said:
If you want to maximize gain you should look into (aka-google) Synovex one-Grass. It lasts longer than the TE-G and has more punch. That's the one I would chose.
Can you use this implant while supplementing feed also??

Latest posts