What if?

Help Support CattleToday:

rwtherefords

Reaction score
What if just 1 person had built their house over a major fault line?
What if just 1 person had built their house on a sand dune on the coast?
What if just 1 person had built their house in a river flood plane?
What if just 1 person had built their house near the coast in a bowl 7' below sea level?
What if just 1 person had built their house below a volcano?

If disaster came to any one of them, folks would say, "Boy, it was stupid to build your home there. We sure hope you learned something." Then, if the person stated that they plan to rebuild in the same exact spot, and they expect your financial support to do so, people would be outraged at the stupidity and audacity this person displayed. It's amazing to me how the the public's attitude changes when thousands choose to do the same stupid stuff.

As an American, you solely have the freedom to choose where to live, and with that comes the sole responsibility for whatever happens to you as a result of your free choice.

Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

Yep that's pretty much the definition of stupid. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Agree...interesting example!

Another "futuristic" possibility (based on what the climatologists and other scientists are predicting):

My "example": In 100 years there may not be:

1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. New Orleans
4. Florida
5. California
6. Galveston, Houston, Corpus Christi, Port Arthur/St Charles

Any other wild ideas???

I agree with rwtherefords. Duh!
I think his name is Jeff Foxworthy. He would have said something like: "...here's your sign."

susan":w2fo730z said:
I think his name is Jeff Foxworthy. He would have said something like: "...here's your sign."

isnt that Bill Engvall who says, "...here's your sign."

Running Arrow Bill":3hdzs1qf said:

Another "futuristic" possibility (based on what the climatologists and other scientists are predicting):

1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. New Orleans
4. Florida
5. California

Any other wild ideas???

you know, #s 1,2,3,5, may not be that bad of an idea
i am just kidding i aint that cruel. but if terrorists get there way there is gonna be a whole lot more missing than those.

and just a side note, i think within my lifetime we will see the destruction of a major US city.

branxchar&charx":2j9xc8b3 said:
Running Arrow Bill":2j9xc8b3 said:

1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. New Orleans
4. Florida
5. California

Any other wild ideas???

you know, #s 1,2,3,5, may not be that bad of an idea
i am just kidding i aint that cruel. but if terrorists get there way there is gonna be a whole lot more missing than those.

and just a side note, i think within my lifetime we will see the destruction of a major US city.
You just got done witnessing the destruction of a major US city.

branxchar&charx":3mbn61dw said:
susan":3mbn61dw said:

isnt that Bill Engvall who says, "...here's your sign."

Whoever said it, it doesn't really matter, "...here's your sign!" ..."wear it proudly." eh?

Running Arrow Bill":1enowdlv said:

1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. New Orleans
4. Florida
5. California

Any other wild ideas???
Yeah, Bill. I've got a wild idea. Or it might not be so wild. I'm not sure it will even take 100 years. It's about the whole country. It goes like this---

The welfare class is outgrowing the working class exponentially at an unbelievable rate. These people are having kids at a rate three or four times (my estimate) the rate of taxpayers. And those offspring will have offspring at equal or greater rates because that is their "job."

As more of these entitlement-minded "citizens" begin to vote, the entitlements will continue to grow at the expense of the working man and especially corporations. These corporations will continue to be forced to move to foreign countries to escape the tax burden. That tax burden will have to be shouldered by the working class of taxpayer. More and more of that working class of taxpayer will be pushed toward the center of the country as we are crowded by the mobs from the inner cities. At some point, we will be vastly outnumbered by people that will just take what they want when government doesn't give it to them fast enough. So it's my prediction, that in 100 years or less---

If the entitlement welfare class continues to outgrow the taxpaying class at the rate it's going---

People who are in foreign countries that are now considered Third World countries will be working for GM, IBM, Exxon-Mobil, Cargill, Tyson, etc. And their kids will not study the downfall of the Roman Empire. They will read about The Rise and Fall of the United States of America.

Many times in the last few years I've had similar thoughts Texan. Reminds me of an observation or theory of some guy (can't think of his name offhand) to the effect that a democracy can't survive for more than a relatively short time, typically a few hundred years, due to the ever growing part of the citizenry that doesn't work or produce, but rather votes for and demands the largesse of a government that is sustained by fewer and fewer producers.

The current breeding rate for many of those types is enough to make one shudder, not to mention the rate of immigration of people that are destined, practically speaking, to be on the dole and a net burden to the taxpayers for virtually all of their lives! All any of us have to do is roam around any public grade school in a major city like Houston, go to a buffet for lunch on Saturday, watch when there is a give away of freebies, etc. and the rate of population growth for the "poor and disadvantaged" is readily apparent. No wonder that so many of them continue to be poor and disadvantaged! On the other hand, I can immediately call to mind many hard working, educated, relatively well to do folks that have one or no children. I sure wish we could get those breeding trends almost reversed for a generation or two

Crowderfarms":3bg4560n said:
I believe it's Not that far in the future.
I believe it started about the turn of the century, the last one. 1900 or so. The industrial revolution came to a screeching halt around 1950. Both parents working in the 60's or 70's. The start of over indebetedness of the 80's the moral decadence of the 90's. The sucking sound as Ross Perot famed of the new century is the noise of jobs going over seas in the 21'st century.

Texan":2zvsadf7 said:
Arnold Ziffle":2zvsadf7 said:
I sure wish we could get those breeding trends almost reversed for a generation or two
Spaying? Banding?

It would be in our best intrest to provide Spaying as a free service.

Wewild":2bf7ky5l said:
Texan":2bf7ky5l said:
Arnold Ziffle":2bf7ky5l said:
I sure wish we could get those breeding trends almost reversed for a generation or two
Spaying? Banding?

It would be in our best intrest to provide Spaying as a free service.
I've read of a different method they use in the Middle East, and India.

Crowderfarms":cba3q9be said:

Would it be cheaper on me. Do tell.

Crowderfarms":1jx2009i said:
Wewild":1jx2009i said:
Crowderfarms":1jx2009i said:

Would it be cheaper on me. Do tell.
Apparently they do the "Spaying" with no anesthesia.Just removal of the sensitive part.No more urges. :shock:

That my work but I thought you had to manage the does to improve the population.

Latest posts