What have you seen

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
On the TV that impressed you?
1 Secretarit raceing
2 Ali boxing(I do not like boxing,but he was so amazing!)
3 Earl Cambell-Oilers had only one play"Give it to Earl!"
4 Moon landing

My grandad and dad were both Landry fans. Big time. Dad was around when Jones fired him. He died shortly thereafter.

When Landry was inducted into the ring of honor, Dad and Grandad were heavy on my mind. The tears just started rolling out of my eyes. There was no stopping them. My daughters were both in their teens and neither had seen me cry before. I was embarrassed and happy at the same time.

Roller Derby! Remember that! Fantastic sport. What ever happened to a true american sport such as this?

Well maybe not that it impressed me as much as how it made an impression on me.......

Watching the Twin Towers in NY being hit, burning and falling.

I felt so helpless at the time but may faith in America was renewed by the act of those cowards.

I have several and in no uncertain order

The Branch Davidian compound burning
The Oklahoma City bombing
The news about the ending of the Viet Nam war (just sticks out in my mind, I was a little kid.)
Watching the airplane crash in to the World Trade Center.

I thought 9/11 was the end of the world. I had my kids baptised.

My Daddy and I had just come in the house and turned on the TV. We watched Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald...not the rerun of it, but the actually happening. I was about 12 years old.

Alice

Most of those already mentioned plus:

First space shuttle landing.

US hockey beating the Ruskies in 1980 Olympics.

Nixon's resignation speech.

Johnson announcing he would not run for re-election in 1968. Didn't mean much to me cause I was still a kid, but I remember how stunned my Dad was. He was a big Johnson man and nobody saw that one coming.

Speaking of '68, the Chicago riots stand out.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

I watched Nixon's resignation speech, too...and most of the Watergate trials. I saw/heard John Dean drop the Whitehouse tapes nugget. 8)

Exciting stuff, let me tell you! Made ya' wanna go hmmmmm!

Alice

Minor I suppose to some of the stuff mentioned here, but the Preakness and Barbaro's leg breaking. That haunts me to this day.

born2run":3atj2l9s said:
Minor I suppose to some of the stuff mentioned here, but the Preakness and Barbaro's leg breaking. That haunts me to this day.

Nothing minor about that...that is haunting...and made such a lasting impression on so many.

Alice

the day the space shuttle disentagrated after launching, it was my day off and i was home ironing clothes

the day the federal building was bombed by mcvay, i was at work at my desk and had the tv on watching as the news alert came on

9/11 i was on the tread mill and watching cbs news and saw it happen, had to sit down and call my husband at work, called my daughter at college, they cancelled classes, finally had to go to town to work, and lee greenwoods song about proud to be an american came on, and i just started bawling. i remember my son calling from high school checking in and to make sure everything was all right.....

its odd you can remember some the details during something like that......but i cant find my keys after i just put them down...

No particular order
Secrtariat
Curt Gibson's base cleaning homer in the bottom of the ninth in the world series
Oswald shooting
Secdond tower being hit on 9-11
Shock and Awe
Kennedy funeral
Va Tech won NIT at the buzzer

Latest posts