What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
A few months ago my cousin, who inherited the 25 acres next to me, called and asked if I was still interested in buying the land (and grandparents old house). I told him no because I have retired and no steady source of income. He told me that he was going to "sell" the property to his step daughter and her "husband". Ok, not a problem. I offered to help them with the reconstruction of the house which the "husband" denied. I offered to help with the rewiring - which was turned down. Long story short "he" has alienated all his neighbors and told one of them to get off his property and don't come back.

OK, this is where I need conformation of my suspicions. They put lattice work on the front porch so that the only way in and out of the house is through the back door. Then they put up black screens on all the windows - you can not see in the house. They did not re-wire the house and are using 60 YO wiring (cotton insulation) with knob and tube installation. No repairs to the roof and it leaks.

This guy looks and acts like he just got out of jail (whatever that looks like).

There are a lot more stupid things he has done but I won't go into that now.

What do you think?

i know my neigbors are growing pot, ive seen the plants ""by accident"" in a aquarium out back of their house and a heat lamp glows in the back room evernight...

Satisfy his desires and ignore his existence unless he infringes on you or your place.

john250":3j6x4oyz said:
dun":3j6x4oyz said:
Satisfy his desires and ignore his existence unless he infringes on you or your place.

Darned good advice in a lot of situations.

I agree. Just leave him be and stay friendly to him cause you never know he may become the president one day.

john250":3158753x said:
dun":3158753x said:

Yep, but I would have a couple of exceptions to this rule. If they are dealing out of the house or local area, it is just a matter of time before the infringing begins. Seems the customers that come up a little short, may go looking in the closet places for opportunities. The first offense can end up a little costly.

Secondly, if something bad where happening where kids are involved. I'll make that my business.

lavacarancher":2epx774m said:
What do you think?

I think your cousin is extremely smart. He got them out of his hair. Probably made them a heck of a deal on that house too.

Jogeephus":1dr0fphi said:
john250":1dr0fphi said:
dun":1dr0fphi said:

I agree. Just leave him be and stay friendly to him cause you never know he may become the president one day.

Lol! So true, so true.

dieselbeef":23g4429b said:
Until that little grow/meth house brings in some junkies and your kids step on a needle. Or he turns out to be a pedophile or rapist and your wife and kids are home alone while you work or are out of town. Or they rob you blond because you are family and they know you're on vacation.

Yep.... mind your own business but quietly bring it to the attention of the local Drug Task Force.

I wouldn't put up with it next door to me!! There should be NO TOLERANCE for that kind of crap.

A body with nothing to hide, doesn't NEED to hide. He's got something brewing over there.....

LazyARanch":2kh6rghv said:
Yep.... mind your own business but quietly bring it to the attention of the local Drug Task Force.

Might want to mention that you think you saw them bottle feeding a fawn.

Jogeephus":1zdzky7w said:
LazyARanch":1zdzky7w said:

Might want to mention that you think you saw them bottle feeding a fawn.

You'd think I would learn to not read your posts while ingesting food or drink. :lol:

Latest posts