What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":1ro9retd said:
dieselbeef":1ro9retd said:
Until that little grow/meth house brings in some junkies and your kids step on a needle. Or he turns out to be a pedophile or rapist and your wife and kids are home alone while you work or are out of town. Or they rob you blond because you are family and they know you're on vacation.
That;s the infringing part

Dam I figure the ole is a gonna put them Mexican drug cartels out of business. You need to call the DEA the FBI the ATF and NSA and just in case he is a muslin better call the CIA. Might as well get them Homeland Security folks involved to. Just for some of you folks who think the Drug Task Force people are OK, for the most part they are more in need of going to jail than the people they arrest.

I feel sorry for you folks that have nothing but bad apples in the barrel. I work with some really fine, straight and true folks. They might not ALL be that way, but the majority are doing their job to the best of their ability and to "Protect and Serve".
Don't paint them all with some a*hole's brush.......... No different than the fact that there are good cattlemen, and bad cattleman, Good preachers and Big-time sinners, etc.

LazyARanch":1sj6iph6 said:
I feel sorry for you folks that have nothing but bad apples in the barrel. I work with some really fine, straight and true folks. They might not ALL be that way, but the majority are doing their job to the best of their ability and to "Protect and Serve".
Don't paint them all with some a*hole's brush.......... No different than the fact that there are good cattlemen, and bad cattleman, Good preachers and Big-time sinners, etc.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... lice-taser

Many are, but LazyA there is very little room for the ones that aren't. Cattlemen and preachers can't stop me, arrest me, plant something on me, or shoot me and claim I was a threat. Then other bad cattlemen or preachers can't help them cover it up. You have to see that with that occupation, there is a whole lot of authority and power. It needs to be checked. And everything that occurs, needs to be checked by the constitution.

There is more corruption in this country than ever before. It is blatant and is in the highest office of the land. Where are you going to appeal to when the highest office is full of thugs? Those thugs dictate policy.

Several of the ones carrying out this crap are probably pretty decent people that I would get along with at a coffee shop. But few are the number of real men that will step up and say to their boss, this isn't right and I'm not doing it.

That takes some testiclefortitude. You have to be willing to pack your bags and find a new job, and possibly a new house, and uproot your kids. People in general aren't willing to put themselves out that much for someone else.

I told the president, CEO and CFO of a national company one time that what they were doing was wrong (taking away promised production pay from lower level employees at my work, because they did too good of a job), and I wouldn't be a part of it or condone it to the employees. I knew I might as well clean out my drawers right then and there, but I don't regret it. Took a few months, but they got around to creating a few things on me. Never was fired, but I got the hint and left before I gave them a legitimate excuse. Three other people that I think are decent people, who worked there longer than I did, and 2 of which superior to me- said NOTHING. Left me hanging in the wind by myself. Just prior to the meeting, they had a lot to say.

I can see how corruption happens, people are people. Play against their weaknesses.

I say this with no ill intent: If it doesn't apply to you, don't take it personally.

Its simple with the drug task force and law enforcement in general. They catch a fairly major player I our area he makes a deal for 5or 6 of his customers. The big player walks. Several arrests look better than one. When keeping the one would have put the 5 or 6 to hunting a new dealer.

hooknline":18qn3ve0 said:
dieselbeef":18qn3ve0 said:
Until that little grow/meth house brings in some junkies and your kids step on a needle. Or he turns out to be a pedophile or rapist and your wife and kids are home alone while you work or are out of town. Or they rob you blond because you are family and they know you're on vacation.

i didnt say ingnore em..you know me corey..that aint the way..i said dont git involved of it dont affect ya....that stuff wopuld be showing itself and id be taking care of it...need i bring up the dog dealing at my place

btw..sherriff arrested the one i pointed a gun at for a vop and the rest of the scumbags bailed...we had a party when the sheriff came to evict em...they stopped by the house afterwards to give us the good news..we all had a good laugh and i told them itll probly be awhile til i call em again :banana:

Thanks, folks.

Hook hit the nail on the head. Grow house or meth lab were the first two things that came to my mind.

For those that suggested that I mind my own business, I agree - in most cases. But in Texas the state will seize property if it was used in the commission of a crime. I just hate to see the state get my Grandparents property. And I am staying out of their business. I don't go over there and I've stopped trying to communicate with them and I certainly don't offer them help anymore. I have moved my cattle off their property, mended the fences and closed the gap between my place and theirs. As far as I'm concerned they are on their own.

My cousin, his wife and her daughter (I'll call her Lynn) are as sweet as can be. But Lynn's "husband" will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. The first two minutes after we met them my wife and I are looking at each other wondering what the heII is going on.

I don't like druggies and I hate the folks that produce and sell the stuff. Maybe I'm being paranoid but things ain't right.

Thanks again for your opinions.

If its a Meth lab it won't last long. If he is trying to grow in doors he still won't last long. If you find out its meth, I hope you have a lighting strike near by.

lavacarancher":1d3puscd said:
Words that should be heeded by all, if I remember correctly.
There is a big difference between minding one's own business and having an interesting discussion without getting sensitive and embittered.

Jogeephus":2gcw1hdu said:
john250":2gcw1hdu said:
dun":2gcw1hdu said:
Satisfy his desires and ignore his existence unless he infringes on you or your place.

Darned good advice in a lot of situations.

I agree. Just leave him be and stay friendly to him cause you never know he may become the president one day.
If not President, then a cabinet appointment :lol:

inyati13":28jnonji said:
Jogeephus":28jnonji said:
I agree. Just leave him be and stay friendly to him cause you never know he may become the president one day.
If not President, then a cabinet appointment :lol:
Maybe the drug czar

alisonb":304bzdbw said:
lavacarancher":304bzdbw said:
There is a big difference between minding one's own business and having an interesting discussion without getting sensitive and embittered.

Really? What is the difference???? IFthis guy was cooking meth on your family's property it would be OK with you?

lavacarancher":exa66lst said:
alisonb":exa66lst said:
lavacarancher":exa66lst said:

Really? What is the difference???? IFthis guy was cooking meth on your family's property it would be OK with you?

You were perhaps referring to a previous thread in the Coffee shop when you said "if I remember correctly"?

Is he cooking meth or are you just assuming he is and have already found him guilty? Perhaps the guy just does not appreciate all the prying eyes from every direction!!!!

When that happened near here- we minded our own business and had a major robbery shortly after. Up grade your security if nothing else.
25 yrs and never had anything stolen. They moved in and a week latter the whole neighborhood had problems.
They moved out two weeks latter. Somehow they and their customers were riddled with problems :)

Their long road got regraded one night during a big rain, it ended up getting washed out real bad. A little while latter the local tire place made a fortune in fixing tires for a few days.Someone rigged a metal boat with a fence charger and left it in their yard, They heard screaming during the night. A trail camera was set up across the road and someone left a nice sign warning all the drivers going in that they were being filmed.

They moved out and the crime spree stopped.
the guy that rented out the trailer learned his lesson too-- hes alot more careful who he rents to.

Our neighborhood had a tough reputation. the last illegal lynching in NC happened three miles down the road. And the county has to hire officers from the neighborhood, because all the others are afraid to come down here. And its common knowledge that locals all have an old unregistered gun laying around if they need to make use of it. I like it like that.
I am afraid that in another generation that will be gone too. We are raising sheeples that are too apathetic/intimidated to take care of their own.

Amen,HJ trash next door and the hogs get moved to the fence.Lota different ways to skin a cat.