What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

If someone came to your door and ask if they could repectively look on your land for 20 minutes woul

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'd call the police

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeCubensis

Reaction score
MAny farmers are faced with the pesty group called "shroomers". These people are a past nuasence and will probably always be running through your feilds looking for their magic mushrooms. But what if they wernt as harmful as u thought.

JoeCubensis":3sr0kgh2 said:
MAny farmers are faced with the pesty group called "shroomers". These people are a past nuasence and will probably always be running through your feilds looking for their magic mushrooms. But what if they wernt as harmful as u thought.

Caught a couple of guys doing just this a few years ago. They confessed they were freezing them and sending them to New York City.Claimed to get big bucks for a certain type. Bizzare thing.They were told quickly to leave and if ever were seen again would be dealt with in an utmostly harsh fashion. Even if someone politely asked, and was hunting the legit type, the answer would be no. I let friends hunt Ginseng, but that's it.

I have a big problem with trespassers on my land as I am not yet living there. Signs mean nothing to them, ie: No Trespassing. It is a hot spot for morels so this time of year is bad.

No!...mushrooms, schmushrooms, I'd be afraid they were scoping out other things, equipment, animals, whatever, to come back for some other time when we're not here...

Gale Seddon":kbcj7vlx said:
No!...mushrooms, schmushrooms, I'd be afraid they were scoping out other things, equipment, animals, whatever, to come back for some other time when we're not here...

That's the way I look at it too.
Just because you're paranoid doesn;t mean that someone isn;t out to get you.

dun

There is a pretty good size dairy farm not too far from us and he has a heck of a time keepin the kids out of the cow patties! Some mornings he goes out and sees a car parked out by a pasture. No people, just a car. He goes out to lookin and finds them all layed out on the ground playing "invisible" ("lay down and he won't see ya!") I don't like anyone on my place uninvited. mushroomhunters, deer hunters, coyote hunters, fisherman--stay out! If I invited you, now that is a different story!

moral to the story--Be careful who you invite over!

alternative moral to the story--keep it loaded!

What's the story with the mushrooms? The way I understand it, the ones growing out of the cow patties will make you high, and the other types are OK to eat. Can someone who knows more about this elaborate?

I don't like mushrooms, so I haven't tried any of them.

I think you need to keep people off your place.Mainly for liability reasons.

If they get hurt on your property you are liable.

It funny because it seems people treat No Trespassing signs like welcome signs. Its kinda of like motivation for them, they know they're not suppose to but it fuels them more.

I had some jerks on four wheelers come in last summer (left tracks all over) and broke into my travel trailer I have on my property and stole a bunch of stuff. We have a gate accross the drive, they broke it down. Hopefully I will be moved there soon. Want to start the house this summer.

CopeMan":ib09dfim said:
It funny because it seems people treat No Trespassing signs like welcome signs. Its kinda of like motivation for them, they know they're not suppose to but it fuels them more.

A no tresspassing sign does offer some legal protection as they know to stay off or should know.

TXBobcat":177znnkp said:
What's the story with the mushrooms? The way I understand it, the ones growing out of the cow patties will make you high, and the other types are OK to eat. Can someone who knows more about this elaborate?

I don't like mushrooms, so I haven't tried any of them.

GO to this site if you want to know about the wonders of the fungi growing out of your feilds.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
trust me God made these for a reason. Read Exodus " mana" :)

In Alabama all private land is considered posted. I don't let anyone that just happens by on the place. These people don't know how to close a gate. Or walk to prevent ruts. A select few can fish but they have proven themselves to be respectible folks beforehand.

Feel free to stroll across my pastures. But let it be known, the bull can get from one fence to the other in 12 seconds flat. My advice to you would be to make sure you can do it in 11.

i would respectfully decline thier self invitation to roam and scrounge around on my land. then if they didnt respect my answer it would be them wanting to call the police a lot worse than i would.

CKC1586":mpr8tpp1 said:
I have a big problem with trespassers on my land as I am not yet living there. Signs mean nothing to them, ie: No Trespassing. It is a hot spot for morels so this time of year is bad.
==============
ckc,
Just got back from Cadillac ...Manton area...lot of morels...Dr friend of mine lives just outside of Clare....we go up to see them in the spring...he always takes us morel hunting. His mom lives up there..near fife lake. Tresspassers everywhere. :( It seems privacy isn't understood anymore!!!! :roll:

Beautiful country ..that area. I thought WE had a lot of deer...whoa!!!!!!!!

Latest posts