What do you think she is.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ojp6

Reaction score
Picked up this old girl bred 7 months the other day for 1100 at the sale barn. What kind of a crossbred do you think she is?
image_zpscra5ernx.jpg

She's kind of roany except for some black patches and she has a couple red spots on her as well.

Longhorn cross. I've seen lot of smaller roan cows show up in sale barn recently looks like her.

Red Bull Breeder":28tuvqqp said:
I don't think she is a longhorn cross. But if Muddy says so its got to be.
I don't think she's a half longhorn. A 1/4 or 1/8 longhorn maybe.

Well, I have owned longhorn crosses and a pure longhorn. The cow's head does not look like a LH
I vote for cow pollinator's suggestion.

cow pollinater":1dqayo13 said:
Red Bull Breeder":1dqayo13 said:
Just don't see no longhorn.
Keep in mind, neither of us has seen as many cows as Muddy has so we both may very well be mistaken.

I have already owned up to muddy having to be right . After all no body from Arkansas can have seen as many cows as Muddy.

Sorry folks, I thought it was longhorn cross but I guess I was wrong. No need to be azzholes.

I've been going to five sales a week for most of the last 5 months and haven't seen one like her. I can tell you that she just had a black baldy bull calf so she's probably gonna make a whole pile of money as long as everybody lives for 4 or 5 months. I hadn't seen many with both black and red spots before so that's why I was pretty confused by her breed. But in the end breed doesn't matter as long as they make money.

I don't know what she is ,or would I care at 1100.00 but I'll bet you one thing she will make you money, That's what I like to do buy them cheap "off colored" heavy bred cows take them home and watch them have a black calf ,most of the time they will have black calves, and make you money.

just thought of this I can remember setting at the sale barn as a small boy and grandpa calling cows that looked kind of like that "Roan Derns" anyone ever heard that or was that just some more "hillbilly talk "

Latest posts