What can I ????

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I made cranberries for my turducken with fresh cranberries, pears ,apricot brandy and Grand Marnier ,but still have a ton of it left ( about 3 cups) . What can I make with the left over cranberry sauce besides freezing and probably never to be eaten again or tossed .

Also, I need a new meat thermometer . They usually only last a year or so for me and the last one I bought was a Cuisinart that I paid about $50.00 for and it just stopped working a few weeks ago and the glass broke . :? I need one that says the different temp selection for each different type meat you are cooking as hubby has not learnt the different temps needed for rare med and chicken pork beef etc .

Thank you ! :tiphat:

I have a recipe for crockpot roast. Put onion soup mix in, then roast, then can of jellied cranberry. Nothing else goes in. I don't see why you couldn't use your sause instead.

Add more pears and some corn starch to make a fruit pie or tart...

or....

Bloom a packet of gelatin in about a 1/4 c. of whipping cream. stir into your fruit mixture (whole berry or puree, your choice)
Fold in about 3 cups of whipped cream. Cover & chill until set for a lovely mousse. Or pour into your pie shell of choice for a cream pie.

or....
Puree it and add several bottles of champagne...then have a party... or just drink it all yourself!!!! :santa:

That's all that comes to mind for now...I'm liking that last thought best at the moment.

Oh yeah, I've been using a digital probe thermo for about 10-12 years that's been great. Wasn't anything special at the time. It has the temps for different meats on the back of it.

Thank you !!! I will go look for a probe thermometer .

I think I will make a black forest cake with my cranberry sauce and save some to add on a wheel of baked brie .

Thank again for the responses :D

My wife recently found some instant read digital thermometers at the Busy Chef or some chain like that for $5. She asked if I wanted one I told her no. Wanted three of them. Work great too. Heck I can't buy replacement batteries for my thermometers for this price. Not as nice as the thermopen but so far it seems to be working just great.

With the leftover cranberries, I'd add them to an apple pie. I have often made apple/cranberry pies, and I don't see why your leftover cranberry/fruit mix couldn't be used for the same thing. It would be pretty tasty I would think.

As for the thermometer, I have a Taylor and a Cooper, basic probe types with just the temp but not specific readings for rare, med, well etc.

Katherine

Latest posts