What Can I Learn From This?

Help Support CattleToday:

:shock: Never heard of this. Bet that guy was shyt'n. I guess if you couldn't unload on flat ground you could engage the trailer breaks or chock the trailer wheels.

john250":1hbpkqos said:
JMJ Farms":1hbpkqos said:
john250":1hbpkqos said:
Secure the load to the trailer.

Article said he was unloading when it happened.

OK. I was focused on the picture and not on the text.

Thanks John. My internet service here is pretty poor. The first time I opened the link it didn't even download a picture. Glad you mentioned it bc I went back and opened it again and it downloaded this time. Pretty interesting photo. Musta been a pretty steep hill for that little tractor to do that kinda damage. Oh well. Stuff happens.

Yep, block the back of the trailer, AND chock the TRAILER wheels.. chocking the rear tires of the truck certainly won't do you any good..
If he was unloading, he was going about it too slow :p

Nesikep":1obwsf9x said:
Yep, block the back of the trailer, AND chock the TRAILER wheels.. chocking the rear tires of the truck certainly won't do you any good..
If he was unloading, he was going about it too slow :p

I don't see how this happened other than he froze. Seems like had he just committed and went ahead and got the tractor off the trailer everything would have stopped moving. Maybe I'm missing something.

That was my thought as well.. either get the heck off the trailer and set the front of it back on the ground, or go forward to do the same.. but sitting there isn't a good idea.

Use a heavier truck! A 1/2 ton pickup should not be used for hauling much of anything. Especially a tractor, even if it is a compact trailer.

This is an assumption, but i would think the rear of the truck was picked up off the ground when he got the tractor's weight to the rear of the trailer. Picking up the truck.

At the very minimum, a 3/4 truck should had been used. Scotched the front tires. Put some more weight in the bed of the truck if you're forced to use a smaller truck.

Hope no one was hurt.