What breeds??????

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Okay, I had to post another thread on this new, weird-colored calf that I've been questioning about:

DSCF0010.JPG

I know I've been asking this on my other post, but what sort of breed(s) do you think he is? Because I haven't the slightest clue: he's obviously not shorthorn... NormandeX??? Pinzguer-NormandeX?????

This calf ain't the only one I'm curious of the breed(s) about, there's a couple others, but the pics I have of them are awful. Better pics and more ?'s tomorrow.

Hill Creek Farm":2gcdc7sm said:
He looks like a Shorthorn.

Those type of markings make me think Longhorn. There may not be much Longhorn in him, but the spots seem to be very dominant. Otherwise I would suggest Shorthorn, or possibly Simmental.

I'll do like everyone else and give a 1/2 guess. Looks like anyone of the previous guesses could be wrong or right. I have to agree with dun about the X part. I'll bet $5.00 to a donut that' is right.

la4angus":m9xacsy8 said:
I'll do like everyone else and give a 1/2 guess. Looks like anyone of the previous guesses could be wrong or right. I have to agree with dun about the X part. I'll bet $5.00 to a donut that' is right.
Who put's up the $5.00 and who put's up the donut? You can't bank on the Pinz X until you see the calf's tail!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":1kw07dwk said:
la4angus":1kw07dwk said:
Who put's up the $5.00 and who put's up the donut? You can't bank on the Pinz X until you see the calf's tail!

DOC HARRIS

Here you go DOC (it's another crappy pic, I know):
DSCF0005a.JPG

Considering the locale, and the other calves around the scene it isn't a bad picture. It also isn't Pinzguer genes. Your camera position is the right height from the ground, just too far to the rear of the calf.

I had a Shorthorn calf that looked like that (Mixed X) that dragged me through a bunch of rocks while I was trying to load her in a trailer in 1942! I was late for a date with my future ( and still current!) wife, and I would not let go of the halter rope! Still have the scars to show for it. But I was only 17 minutes late for the date!! Kids are nuts at times! To much testosterone and not enough sense.

DOC HARRIS

If there are dairys in the area, red Hosltein is also an alternative.

dun

I just took a long look at this calf again! If the two calves in the picture are related - I would say that this calf is a cross between Shorthorn and Simmental.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2or5ei29 said:
IluvABbeef":2or5ei29 said:
both pics ARE of the same calf.
I think you misunderstood my meaning. I was referring to the picture with TWO calves in it - - the LAST picture you posted.

DOC HARRIS

:oops: :oops: sorry 'bout that. I don't know whether they're related, it don't seem like it. Correction: I don't LOOK like it....

Latest posts