Wet ground. What can you do when the soil is wet?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
It is sort of wet and muddy right now but we should get enough rain in the next day or two to saturate the ground. It is going to make our prep and plant work different for sure. What do you do when the ground is soo wet exepty wait>? I guess it is a good time to do other chores eh? :) Peace.

If oyou're in an area that will still have some freeze and thaws you could frost seed clover or lespedeza. Other then that it's just a waiting game

Brute 23":3vfzrn82 said:
We have been renovating and building fence... both alot easier in times like this.
Same here. Really easy to dig holes here when there's a little moisture to hold it together. Getting the sprayer ready before spring hits, and now that deer season is finally over here, picking up limbs from the pastures and making sure there aren't any trees/limbs on any of the fences. Not a really safe job to do around the property lines when there's trigger finger itching on the other side of the fence.

TOO WET TO Do ANYTHING AROUND HERE.

got the tractor stuck pushing snow off the driveway cause the wheels went off the driveway and sank in the mud. No ditch...just rotten ground.

We have snow over mud and the mud is endless. Wettest fall on record around here and the snow this year is about at record levels. Last couple of years we have not had any but it is coming by the foot this year. another storm predicted for the weekend and half are saying it will be rain and other half are calling for 18 inches of snow. I don't care and just hope it is not ice.

I want to frost seed some lespedeza but done on the snow the birds eat it and when ther is no snow the ground is rotten.

Lots of fence work. Soil is sandy so moisture lets the sand stick together. This makes for an easier hole. Also building a couple of loafing sheds, bought some used tin for $1.00 a sheet for 12 foot, a little rusted on bottom edge but I will be able to trim it and it should be fine.

Latest posts