West Virgina

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I'm really reluctant to bring this up, cause I'm a chip off that block back a few generations. But funny is funny.
The student-athletes from West Virginia U won the NIT basketball tourney in New York City. Following a recent tradition, they all donned T-shirts which celebrated the historic event. Newly minted T shirts which declared the champion
West Virgina
team.
Educashun ain't what it used to be. sigh.

cattleluvr18":d5a8vs90 said:
Bez>":d5a8vs90 said:
cattleluvr18":d5a8vs90 said:
i always get critised for saying this but...i dont get it.

West Virgina or West Virginia?

You pick.

There ya go.

Bez>

so like are you saying that they're dumb?

Well, they definitely don't proof read... :lol:

Alice

You might be surprised to know that the T shirts were passed out by the NIT, which is a function of the NCAA. In other words the higher education of the good old USA. The mistake was probably made at a sweat shop somewhere in NYC or by MSG.

Just so you all know the straight story:
The shirts were printed by a company called 6th Man - they are from Connecticut, not West Virginia!

I can't believe you all actually think we are so STUPID that we would misspell our own state!! We have running water and indoor toilets now also! Come visit sometime and we'll let you drive on one of our paved roads in one of these new fangled horseless carriages. HA HA HA!

Bullbuyer":dbnaj1i8 said:
The shirts were printed by a company called 6th Man - they are from Connecticut, not West Virginia!

I can't believe you all actually think we are so STUPID that we would misspell our own state!! We have running water and indoor toilets now also! Come visit sometime and we'll let you drive on one of our paved roads in one of these new fangled horseless carriages. HA HA HA!

Nope you're not so backwards. Heck we still have places here that use the traditional front yard well and pump for house water.

Bez>

Bullbuyer":26sncod9 said:

I always have a hard time spelling Connecticut, and you got it right. The T shirt thing could have happened to anyone.
But if you expect me to believe that stuff about paved roads and indoor toilets... ;-)

Well, ya gotta remember I didn't say what the roads were paved with and I may have forgotten to say the toilet was indoors but the running water isn't! :)

Bullbuyer":2csmln2a said:
Well, ya gotta remember I didn't say what the roads were paved with and I may have forgotten to say the toilet was indoors but the running water isn't! :)

The roads are paved with pot-holes! Last time I was over there I left a kidney around Parkersburg!

cfpinz

Bez>":16ekibln said:
cattleluvr18":16ekibln said:
Bez>":16ekibln said:
cattleluvr18":16ekibln said:
i always get critised for saying this but...i dont get it.

West Virgina or West Virginia?

You pick.

There ya go.

Bez>

so like are you saying that they're dumb?

Not at all - it was a proof read mess up - we have all done it!

Bez>

ok well i didnt know b/c you know how the jokes are around here. and even if i do proofread i still get it wrong b/c im prolly bout the worst speller alive. but oh well, its not like im gonna be a spelling teacher...i know i know, ill prolly get some more critisising on that too.

Bullbuyer":oby2tbot said:
Herefordcross":oby2tbot said:
Come on now, It's not that bad!

That bridge heading north from P-burg to Ohio is terrible - you could lose a small pickup in some of those holes.

And they have the nerve to charge you to cross it! I'd like to hand the toll operator a bill for a front-end alignment on my truck next time!

cfpinz