Well, dah

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
When grading a driveway over a whistle, don;t have the rippers extended. You can get by with a small hp tractor doing it cause the tractor will just stop. 75 hp will rip right through. New whistle is 200 bucks and I have to put it in.

dun

Don't know about the whistles, but I've cut two phone lines in the past two years - with t-posts! One residential and one cable bundle.

cfpinz

Don't believe where the locator guy says the gas line is either
it really is about 3 feet to the south and dead center to the post hole digger.

Isn't it amazing how you can tear something up in a second but it takes hours to fix it?

mdm, water lines aren't where you think they are either and the auger can sure tear them up.

Well, seeing as how misery loves company - do not let a D-8 come up your driveway just as the frost is coming out.

Especially if you get about 4 inches of unforecasted rain over the next 12 hours.

I have about 300 tons of 2 inch minus on order for when the ground dries up enough to get the trucks in.

Still not sure how I am going to gather up all the washed out material - it ended up on the ice in the ditches on both sides of the driveway.

In the meantime the car stays on the road and the driver walks 1/4 mile to the house.

Truck can make it in 4WD.

Be at least a month before we can fix it.

Bez>

cfpinz":35w95spv said:
Don't know about the whistles, but I've cut two phone lines in the past two years - with t-posts! One residential and one cable bundle.

cfpinz

I've done that before - except with a shovel! Took out the phone lines to 2 duplexes - on a Friday night, no less. It was Monday afternoon before the phone company got them fixed - needless to say, my neighbors were not amused! :oops: I've also cut the main water line coming into the house with a shovel, while digging up a flower bed. Boy, that was a very impressive gyser of water! :shock: :oops:

cfpinz":3oii1mqg said:

cfpinz

Only 2?

After hitting practically anything that can be hit, I grilled my brother-in-law when I went on to his place. He and my sister ensured me there was absolutely nothing where I was to dig. They thought they had a 2 day job and I was through digging in two hours. Anyway, there was the severed black line and I asked, What is that? They both looked dumbfounded. I told them to try their telephone and walla. 20 years in that house and they were positive it came from the other side.

I've heard of Whistling Dixie
And I've heard of Whistler's Mother
but I've never heard of paving over a Whistle.

So, is a whistle a metal culvert?

Cuz

You all are not the only ones that dig up stuff. I work for the phone company, and the county keeps us busy all summer. Every time they hook up water to a new house, we get to splice cable. But it gives me plenty of overtime. They even cut one out of the air with a bush hog.

hillbilly beef man":gzj6wvbo said:
They even cut one out of the air with a bush hog.

Digging holes I can see, but to cut a phone line with a bush hog takes talent. I'll cut them some slack and assume it was a boom mounted model.

jkwilson":3ob07k4d said:
hillbilly beef man":3ob07k4d said:
They even cut one out of the air with a bush hog.

Digging holes I can see, but to cut a phone line with a bush hog takes talent. I'll cut them some slack and assume it was a boom mounted model.

You are exactly right. They were using it to trim trees and got a little carried away.

Latest posts