Welding

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
What's the trick to keep you helmet from fogging up when you are welding and it's 16 degree's out?

Cal

Toothpaste... smear it on, wash it off... same goes for scuba diving masks on dive trips.

Breathing through my nose instead of my mouth works for me.

Calman":2oradwbt said:
What's the trick to keep you helmet from fogging up when you are welding and it's 16 degree's out?

Cal
What the heck are you welding for son? :) I think it's against the law in this county when it drops below 20 degrees....

Kingfisher":2q0i8zw5 said:
Calman":2q0i8zw5 said:

Cal
What the heck are you welding for son? :) I think it's against the law in this county when it drops below 20 degrees....
The hay buggie got broken and I need it today.
I tried tieing a scarf around my mouth and nose and all it done was make my glasses fog up.
And AC I might be able to hold my breath long enough to strike an arc. :)

Cal

Good Lovers are supposed to be able to breath through their ears don't they?

There is an estucheon ? tube between your ears and your throat , maybe it develops with practice.

Pull the hood off when it fogs up on you and hold the lens close to the weld. The fog will go away and as long as it is warm it will stay clear. Been working for me for about 35 years.. :) :) :)

Latest posts