Weird thought...

Help Support CattleToday:

This is just too much for me, I still can't figure out how our voice can go through a telephone wire. :?: :?: :?:

ILaB,
It's really a shame you don't live in the States here. We have that thing called Global Warming to keep the snow away. Then you could go out and have fun during your book break.

you can see the air--look across a hot hood and watch the ripples--also,the air movement makes shadows,if you look just right..

peg4x4":avu2a1df said:
you can see the air--look across a hot hood and watch the ripples--also,the air movement makes shadows,if you look just right..

Yeahbut that's called heat-waves...it's not the same thing as air :shock:

backhoeboogie":jdwinyly said:
I've been hearing about the smog in California for years. Maybe you'll evolve into fishing tackle all over your face, tatoo everywhere, orange spiked hair and drive one of those cute little pink cars.

Oh god I hope not!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Ryder":puv2rvly said:
IluvABbeef":puv2rvly said:
peg4x4":puv2rvly said:

What is waving when heated if not air?

Huh?? :???: :help: Have you lost your mind or somethin'??

George":2j2ycjr9 said:
Seems like there is some partaking of the herb going on here. :lol:

Or so you may think. :roll: :p

Oh Ryder, where ARE you?? Still haven't explained what you ment by that backwards-seeming statement you made! :p

IluvABbeef":5nrh81qj said:
Ryder":5nrh81qj said:
IluvABbeef":5nrh81qj said:
peg4x4":5nrh81qj said:

I'm saying Peg is right.
What do you think you are seeing when you see a heat wave. Are you saying you can't see air, but you can see heat? I'm saying you can't see heat. You can only see what is heated.
I can see air and I can even feel it. I feel it a lot.

On second thought maybe there is not enough heat up there to have heat waves. :p
Maybe you want to say that it is not air but it is quarks, and photons, etc.
I don't have time to go into this with you. It is 66 degrees F , which is a little cool but not to bad,and there is some sunshine (I can feel AND see sunshine).
So I am going out to do stuff.

Ryder":27xgej9r said:
IluvABbeef":27xgej9r said:
Ryder":27xgej9r said:
IluvABbeef":27xgej9r said:
peg4x4":27xgej9r said:

I'm saying Peg is right.
What do you think you are seeing when you see a heat wave. Are you saying you can't see air, but you can see heat? I'm saying you can't see heat. You can only see what is heated.
I can see air and I can even feel it. I feel it a lot.

On second thought maybe there is not enough heat up there to have heat waves. :p
Maybe you want to say that it is not air but it is quarks, and photons, etc.
I don't have time to go into this with you. It is 66 degrees F , which is a little cool but not to bad,and there is some sunshine (I can feel AND see sunshine).
So I am going out to do stuff.

Yeah I AM seeing a heat wave...all that wavy stuff (some physics nerd'll tell) that's floating on the surface of something hot...so that means that you can see heat via heatwaves...only at some different times, like if you go eyelevel on the hood of a vehicle...okay, nevermind, you can see what's being heated....now I've got myself confused... :p And yes we Canucks can see heatwaves...only on warm days or in the summer, mind you. :p

Okay, you can feel air only when it's windy, or breezy, but can you feel air when there's NO air?? Like when air is at a standstill, you can feel it?

Since when did we get on the topic of heat, and FEELING air anyway??!! :roll:

I think my brain just shorted...I'm suddenly tired...POW!!!!...that must've been a fuse that blew in my head... :help: :lol:

Wewild":3j1bwann said:
Ryder":3j1bwann said:
I'm saying Peg is right.
I would too. The practiced can tell the wind speed from the mirage.

Really? :shock: Wow, either it's just me or the "practiced" have a lot of time on thier hands...

IluvABbeef":soilox4d said:
Really? :shock: Wow, either it's just me or the "practiced" have a lot of time on thier hands...

Come on sweetie. At your age you got a ways to go before you can make that statement. Do a wee bit of reaseach.... read a book. .... Try one shot one kill.. Do a google search it will come up on amazon.com.

Wewild":vqd65l19 said:
IluvABbeef":vqd65l19 said:

Come on sweetie. At your age you got a ways to go before you can make that statement. Do a wee bit of reaseach.... read a book. .... Try one shot one kill.. Do a google search it will come up on amazon.com.

Will do. :D

Latest posts