Wehrmann Angus Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeereboy":15g9e28m said:
what was their top seller, I seen the first 7 lots go, and the bull went for I think about 250,000.

I didn't get it turned on early, but I think the first two lots sold for $350,000 and $260,000. I didn't see what lot numbers they were.

I didnt watch any bulls sell but i watched a few cows that sold for $60,000 and $62,000 and i about fell out of my chair. I am glad i didnt watch that bull sell. I dont know what would have happened to me.

Snider_Angus":x8w8civ6 said:
I didnt watch any bulls sell but i watched a few cows that sold for $60,000 and $62,000 and i about fell out of my chair. I am glad i didnt watch that bull sell. I dont know what would have happened to me.

Are you going to Branson's sale next month?

what makes them cattle any specialer than cattle that dont come from a multi-million dollar farm.

Genetics can only be worth so much (can't they)?

johndeereboy":10qg2z7o said:
what makes them cattle any specialer than cattle that dont come from a multi-million dollar farm.

Genetics can only be worth so much (can't they)?

You need to have the market to profit from those high priced cattle. If you don't have an established reputation or a place to sell cattle for a high price, it would be difficult to make them pay. If you're establishing a herd and want to buy a flush or an animal to flush as the basis for your own sale in the future, it might work. If you don't go broke first. :)

The fact they do come from a multi-million dollar farm and more importantly that they are going TO another multi-million dollar farm.

Third Row":3l0t1jye said:
The fact they do come from a multi-million dollar farm and more importantly that they are going TO another multi-million dollar farm.

And sometimes if the truth is known that kind of money never changes hands. A lot of those big prices are to impress people into thinking their cattle are worth more.

If these cattle are from the same breeding program and genetic base they should all bring over $200,000 by some peoples reasoning :roll: Why do flushmates and full siblings not sell for the same money? A good breeder should not have those $2-3000 scrub cattle on the sale bill 8) Show me a producer that does it the way it should be and sells them ALL for the big money. Why can these elite programs only produce a handfull of these ''good'' cattle each sale? All they have to do is flush the snot out of these cows and become millionaires over night ;-) :cboy:

Latest posts