Weedeaters and Slugs

Help Support CattleToday:

5minpins

Reaction score
I am having one of those days! I spent my holiday weekend running a weed eater as my son didnt feel the need while I was gone. I have a 4 stroke gas weed whacker, this thing has some snot to it! If you are running it next to a T-post or welded wire fence and the line gets to close, this thing will either rip the fence off the post or yank itself right out of your hands if your not hanging on. It mows thru small saplings fairly easily. today, I bent the outer shaft when I smacked it on the ground to feed more line, fixed that, ripped some staples and the welded wire fence off of a post, fixed that. but the worst part of my day is...there are only a few things that make me throw up, Slugs and dog vomit. I went out to run it down my fence line so as not to short out the electric fence, the buttercups are waist high and big. I get 5 feet down the fence and somewhere in the tangle was a big fat slug and I hit it with the weed whacker, it of course exploded, and me being on the wrong side of the weed whacker, got the exploded slug, guts and all right in the face. :oops: :mad: :frowns: :shock: I felt something gooey hit me and wiped it off and looked and then all hec broke loose. couldnt get that weed whacker strap off of me fast enough, trying to wipe the guts off my face was painful as I wasnt paying attention to how hard I was slapping it off, all the while heaving my guts out in the grass. It took me a while but I got back up, finished the weed whacking and then hit the shower, my face is red and sore cause I scrubbed off another layer of skin in the shower and to top it all off, my kid keeps laughing at me... He really should be careful, I know where he lives...

See what happens when you do the kids' chores for them? :D

Oh Man I have been grossed out all evening now, if you guys only knew what has happened to me involving slugs... I hate them with a purple passion, disgusting things. why isnt there a barfing smiley??

Have you tried round up along the fence line? It makes running the weed eater a few weeks later easy and near permanent. If you don't have lots to do those 500K btu propane flame throwers clean the rubble out of field fence nicely.

5minpins":34ulg2u4 said:
Oh Man I have been grossed out all evening now, if you guys only knew what has happened to me involving slugs... I hate them with a purple passion, disgusting things. why isnt there a barfing smiley??
Here ya go.
vomit_emoticon.gif

SPOON THATS PERFECT!!! maybe you could get CT admin to add that one, cause thats how I felt all evening lol.
I am going to spray some killsall or something on the fences but while I was gone, my son did nothing and the grass grew waist high!! gotta knock it down before I spray it.
AB!!! that is one of my peeves and no longer go barefoot! I hate them things!! but here try this, I was eating steak with saute'd tomato slices, when my stupid dog brought one in and had slime oozing out of her mouth just as I went to take a bite of the damn cooked tomato slice.....I puked. OR the time another dog brought one in and I Screamed and took him in the bathroom to clean the goo off his mouth and I started heaving, he was looking at me from the floor, after a minute he heaved, remember in my earlier post? the other thing being dog vomit??? I puked until I couldnt breath and the more I puked the more the dog did, it was a no win situation and I had to get my son to come in and help me and the dog as neither one of us was gonna live much longer if we didnt stop heaving!
so you see, I am haunted by them dang things and its to the point now where I wish it would rain salt for a day just to kill em all!!!!!

CKC1586":38j98rfl said:
Holy crap! How big do you grow them slugs down there??!!!! I have never seen one bigger than about an inch long....

In Texas, we got slugs that are three or four inches long and about as big around as a cigar, or it sure seems like it . Nasty to step on. They gross me out completely.

5minpins":3dngmn2e said:
why isnt there a barfing smiley??
i dont know, but i think we need to do something to get one. i've wanted to use one about 5 times in the past week.

sorry about the whole slug incident. i dont think i've ever seen one in person. and reading your posts about you throwing up from them things made me appriciate my strong stomach. theres like 3 things that make me feel sick 1) when cattle are out and we have no idea where they are. 2) going broke and having to sell the farm and my third is the biggest: human blood. i dont know why but that will make me gag and i cant stand to be anywhere around it. i've never actually puked though. i can handle just about anything else, i think.

TNMasterBeefProducer
Sounds like someone has a weak stomach. If that stuff grosses you out you need not be a farmer. Do you puke when you find a dead animal? Do you puke at the smell of cow poop?[/quote]

For the record, no, nothing wrong with my stomach, I guess you dont read very well, there was the part up there that said only two things make me vomit?? miss that? If you are unable to read and understand a post you need not respond.

CKC1586":2xh8ggzn said:
Holy crap! How big do you grow them slugs down there??!!!! I have never seen one bigger than about an inch long....

we get some giant ones, they like it here in the rain and the dandelions. and just as Lammie describes, huge like a big ol cigar!! I am not gonna post a pic of em here but check out this link, has some pics of the ugly slimy things lol.

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/nurspest/slug_taxonomy.htm

everyone has something that they dont handle well, thats my two, I have a friend who passes out in the door of every hospital he has ever tried to go into. My SO can not handle and animal being hurt or tortured, he gets physically ill!

TNMasterBeefProducer":1vuyo5jx said:
5minpins":1vuyo5jx said:
TNMasterBeefProducer
Sounds like someone has a weak stomach. If that stuff grosses you out you need not be a farmer. Do you puke when you find a dead animal? Do you puke at the smell of cow poop?

For the record, no, nothing wrong with my stomach, I guess you dont read very well, there was the part up there that said only two things make me vomit?? miss that? If you are unable to read and understand a post you need not respond.

I read it fine. From what I gathered you had a weak stomach if stuff like that bothered you.[/quote]

better a weak stomach than a weak mind.... :dunce:

5minpins":ottu8ozy said:
Ignore him sweets ~ works for most others. ;-)

I can't think of anything that makes me puke. Wax worms turn my stomach. Someone else's kids snotty nose. Some of the things living in the back of my frig ~ they might do it. Leeches are plenty gross.

This is quite a thread you've gotten started. :lol2: I'm with CKC, we don;t have monster slugs here either. Thats only fair though, theres enough we have to put up with....

TNMasterBeefProducer wrote:[/quote]
I'll show you a weak mind. quote]

You already have...
But thanks for the offer. :nod:

TNMasterBeefProducer":2tam8pum said:
Sounds like someone has a weak stomach. If that stuff grosses you out you need not be a farmer. Do you puke when you find a dead animal? Do you puke at the smell of cow poop?

I see you took that sensivity class, there, TNMasterdebater.
8)

Latest posts