weed problems

Help Support CattleToday:

trappersteve

Reaction score
I have a major weed problem, on my pasture behind the house the stickweed (yellow goldenrod I think what its called) and pokeberrys are taking over and the cows won't touch it. I tried roundup last year on it and thought I killed it but about a month later it came back with a vengence. I weedeated some today to try just keep cutting it back will kill it has anyone had this problem with these weeds and what's the easiest way to kill it?

I use Grazon, it keeps those seeds that are sittingon the ground in the bank from sprouting. Some will come back the next year, seed bank, but hitting it again with Grazon will cut that down. Like most things you need to use up the existing seed bank before it will quit sprouting each year.

B&M Farms":2iqyk6of said:
trappersteve":2iqyk6of said:
Thanks dun will it kill the grass too?

No. Grazon is a broadleaf hebicide. It will get rid of clover if you have any.
Correct. One thing that folks lose sight of is that a field takes more then one year to get really bad so you have to expect it will take more then one year to fix it. We had one field that was awfull with thistle and bull nettle. The thistle wasn;t hard to fix in just 2 years but it took 3-4 for the bull nettle. Knowing that we would have to use Grazon for several years I didn;t plant any clover. Now that it' pretty much fixed we have stablished clover in it again. You need to have a long term plan and stick to it. Now the only curse weed we have is queen anns lace (wild carrot) been fighting it for years and finally getting the upper hand.

dun":3j2k7zb0 said:
I use Grazon, it keeps those seeds that are sittingon the ground in the bank from sprouting. Some will come back the next year, seed bank, but hitting it again with Grazon will cut that down. Like most things you need to use up the existing seed bank before it will quit sprouting each year.

Straight Grazon or Grazon P_D

hurleyjd":27kglbej said:
dun":27kglbej said:

Straight Grazon or Grazon P_D
I chekced the drum, P+D

Latest posts