weed killer in pastures

Help Support CattleToday:

trip

Reaction score
I sprayed some fescue and clover pasture with crossbow one week ago today. We have had one fairly good rain on it since then. Can anyone recommend how long I should leave my horse off of it? Don't wanna make him sick. :)

Get a copy of the lable from your supplier. he or she should be able to tell you.

Assuming you purchased a bottle of Crossbow, read the little booklet that came with it - it will tell you. There should also be a phone number to call if you have any questions about what it says with regard to this.

We are dealing with buttercups right now taking over our pasture. I mentioned this to a friend who said she had the same issue and also bought some Crossbow. She told me you can put your horses out after 1 hour. I have another friend who has cows and he says he knows of a pasture safe weed killer (the name of it escapes me now) that you can turn your horses out on after 24 hrs. To be safe though...I would definately read the directions like the other members of the forum suggested. 1 hour is just what I was told....didn't come straight from the horses mouth as they say....lol-no pun intended.

Latest posts