Weaning 2019

Help Support CattleToday:

LJCB said:
NEFarmwife said:
LCBulls said:
I think Presidents are really nice for the most part. They are extremely long. Some look a little goofy at certain stages because they are so long.
Raindances are going to be tough to beat. All of them look alike.
Resource calves are very good calves. Some just don't like how moderate they are.
Thing about frame is the farther North you go, the bigger the frame that most people like.
Agree on President. Some are so long, they look like wiener dogs.

I won't mind length ! I told someone the other day I couldn't wait to calve but I know when that starts I'll be thinking when's it gunna be done 😂.

Sensation brings the right amount of length for me. I don't mind length as long as it doesn't sacrifice its top line.

LJCB said:
NEFarmwife said:
LCBulls said:
I think Presidents are really nice for the most part. They are extremely long. Some look a little goofy at certain stages because they are so long.
Raindances are going to be tough to beat. All of them look alike.
Resource calves are very good calves. Some just don't like how moderate they are.
Thing about frame is the farther North you go, the bigger the frame that most people like.
Agree on President. Some are so long, they look like wiener dogs.

I won't mind length ! I told someone the other day I couldn't wait to calve but I know when that starts I'll be thinking when's it gunna be done 😂.

I had my hair colored yesterday. The stylist is giggling. I asked her what was so funny. She said "your hair grows funny"...

I asked what she meant. She then said "well, you have gray hairs here but it's not from the root. It is gray about half way down."

I told her that growth of gray was calving season. :) She runs cows too, so she got it.

NEFarmwife said:
Brief video of a small group of some weaned calves. The ground I walk is level with top of bunk (nearly) so it distorts their size and look some. But you get the jist.
TT, 1733s neck was dragging across the bunk last night. Fatty.
https://www.facebook.com/609586731/posts/10156580554551732?sfns=mo

Nice looking group ! Did you say you had an impact son? Would that be Connealy impact or a different bull?

LJCB said:
NEFarmwife said:
Brief video of a small group of some weaned calves. The ground I walk is level with top of bunk (nearly) so it distorts their size and look some. But you get the jist.
TT, 1733s neck was dragging across the bunk last night. Fatty.
https://www.facebook.com/609586731/posts/10156580554551732?sfns=mo

Nice looking group ! Did you say you had an impact son? Would that be Connealy impact or a different bull?

Poss Total Impact. A few in this group are real nice. We culled hard before pasture season. We got a couple dink's in this group that aren't all bulls. They're just there to fill the bunk space. But we are taking the 90 bulls we do have and culling down to 20. I am certain an Impact son will make that list.

Latest posts