We were spared - again!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We are truly blessed! For the 2nd time in 5 years the barnyard area was hit by a tornado but the house was spared, no cattle were killed or seriously injured. Our neighbors are amazing & helped cutting/removing trees & debris, fixing fences, making temporary repairs and cleaning up the mess. A utility pole was snapped in half & wedged through the wall of the workshop, the stock trailer is toast (found parts of it .25 miles away in the creek), trees are down all over the ranch & we still have a lot of fence repairs BUT it could have been soooo much worse.

OMG is there anything we can do to help? Am so glad that you did not lose the house and that the animals are okay. Since you live in an area that has tornadoes I assume that you carry insurance to cover for it, and stuff can be replaced; people cannot.

Oh wow! I'm glad to hear that you're okay. Sorry to hear of the other damage, as you said, cows are okay as well. Its nice to have such caring and helpful neighbors.

Those pics are something.

TCRanch, was that storm Wed night? We had 4.2" of rain just east of Garnett, and 3/4" at the house 23 miles to the NW. Blew about half the pears off the trees, it seems.

It's good to see you are OK, with damage to property only.

I wasn't paying much attention to the news/weather, so was not aware of your risk. Did you have much warning?

Glad to see the damage, tho bad, isn't any worse, and thankfully you and your family safe. Tornadoes are scary and can seemingly come out of the most innocent looking clouds.

D2Cat":gu053rkk said:
TCRanch, was that storm Wed night? We had 4.2" of rain just east of Garnett, and 3/4" at the house 23 miles to the NW. Blew about half the pears off the trees, it seems.

It's good to see you are OK, with damage to property only.

I wasn't paying much attention to the news/weather, so was not aware of your risk. Did you have much warning?

No, yesterday afternoon (Thurs) around 3:00. We have emergency alerts on our phones because there aren't any sirens out here. Looked outside the window, saw the funnel & bolted downstairs to the safe room. We could actually hear it from down there. It was surreal.

Yup, everything can either be repaired or replaced so we are extremely fortunate. I especially liked how the Wichita TV stations showed pics of the tornado and said it looked like it was in a pasture/farmland so no structures or any real damage. Ummmmm?

TC
So glad your safe, we were so focused on the Hurricane I didn't even realize that KS was dealing with tornadoes. So sorry for your damage but so thankful that you are all unharmed.

gizmom

Glad you are safe and sound TC.
Lot of bad weather stuff. Somebody needs to do something about it.
Friend of mine in Mobile when there was a period of meteor showers.
Someone actually called the radio station and said they were occurring at an inconvenient time and they needed to change the time of the showers so more people could see them. :?

If insurance will let you keep that stock trailer, you can make a decent flat bed out of it. Maybe not for hauling a tractor, but handy for many things.

TCRanch":rj0z539j said:
Yup, everything can either be repaired or replaced so we are extremely fortunate. I especially liked how the Wichita TV stations showed pics of the tornado and said it looked like it was in a pasture/farmland so no structures or any real damage. Ummmmm?

The media only cares if big houses get harmed. Here in ID we have 100,000+ acre forest fires that never make the news, but get a 2 acre brush fire near some fancy houses in California and it's on every nightly news station. Glad you guys made it through it lightly scarred.

Latest posts