We have the great houdini

Help Support CattleToday:

farm princess

Reaction score
I think I have got the great houdini reincarnatied. We have 2 horses and 2 mini's. Everyday one of the mini's (Joe) likes to get out and eat the wheat. Everyday, sometimes more than 1-2 times, I put him back in the field. Now this field is just an electric fence, but none of the other horses will go near it even if it is laying on the ground. But Joe on the other hand likes to get out. :x We had our 1st snow a few days ago and I thought that I could finally figure out where he was getting out. So me and my daughter walked the whole fence. Not one single track mark out of the ordinary!! :shock: Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how he is doing this. I seen that he was out this morning and went out a bit later to put him back in and low and behold he was back in the fence. Anyone care to explain this ?? So for now we have resorted to calling him "Escape Artist Joe" til we can figure this one out!!

Only when it is real cold out or muddy and I fall!! Then the kids shouldn't be around!!

;-)

but there is no tracks on the outside of the fence--you can see them leading up to it and where they walk around on the inside but I have yet to see any on the outside! That is why I am stumped!!

;-)

farm princess":2zcuobdj said:
but there is no tracks on the outside of the fence--you can see them leading up to it and where they walk around on the inside but I have yet to see any on the outside! That is why I am stumped!!

;-)

Look further away from the fence. It's amazing how far those buggers can jump when they have their mind on it. Alwasy cracks me up that an animal that can trip over a gaden hose can jump a 5 foot fence and clear it by 5 feet on either side.