ways to set hair

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has any tricks (ie. products) for setting hair prior to the show.
I usually use either rag oil or double dip, and white lightning at the show, but wondering if there are any other ideas? I have heard of vinegar, but not sure of the ratios to mix.
I have a show next week and have been doing the rag oil thing this year but trying to find something that may be better...

Carla, at home when I'm training hair I use water - wet the animal, comb hair in the direction you want it to go and leave it to dry naturally. Comb a few more times before dry.

Once the hair is mostly trained I use revive on it - spray on, comb, blow in, comb.

At the show I give them a revive after each wash, then show day all I use is bloom and a touch of ezy comb on the back legs and butt.

for dairy show we use clear magic, its a spray adhesive meant for holding hair. alot of beef people use it to

Carla, I'm going to agree with Keren, only I use Sullivan's Hair Set. Its green. After washing, spray on the Hair Set then brush all the hair forward and then just walk away. I have to say one of my heifers really doesn't like the smell of it. She'll let you spray her with anything but you bring on the Hair Set and she does her little dance to get away from it. The bottle it comes in cracks me up..shows a guys head with his hair all up in the air (funny).

Keren that's interesting that they have revive down there. I've used revive and sullivan's styling mousse.

Keren

What you do sounds much the same to my usual routine, except I use a bit of Double Dip and Revive at home too (Revive after the final wash before the show).

I am looking for new things to try. This week I have used a vinegar/water mix as well as vinegar and conditioner. I'm quite pleased with the results.

One other product I really love to use at shows is Pink Oil... it's fabulous stuff if you have the time to apply it properly!

Latest posts