Water Line

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Starting my second water line today. This one is about 6,000 feet of 2" PVC with quick connect couplers every 200 feet with three four-hole Ritchies.

What does a PVC quick coupler look like. I tried Google but couldn't see anything that I thought would work below ground. If you don't mind how much a foot for the PVC pipe? I must be getting hosed here.

VC34_2011.gif

I am paying $1.70 per foot installed. I will check on the cost of the pipe itself.

HDRider":1qaaqdg2 said:
VC34_2011.gif

I am paying $1.70 per foot installed. I will check on the cost of the pipe itself.

That's good thanks HD. I can see I need to shop around some more. Is there O-Rings inside the quick connect?

HDRider":3h0burlm said:
VC34_2011.gif

THE QUICK CONNECTS ARE HANDY....

WE HAD A PRODUCER WHO PUT IN ALTERNATING QUICK CONNECTS AND FROST FREE HYDRANTS. THE COWS KEEP KNOCKING HIS HYDRANTS INTO THE ELECTRIC FENCE AND SHORTING OUT THE FENCE...

WE NORMALLY SPACE THEM AT THE INTERVALS OF THE PIPE JOINTS NORMALLY 300 FEET.

AT 1.70 PER FOOT INSTALLED YOU ARE DOING OKAY....IT IS HIGHER HERE....

True Grit Farms":2vv22fog said:
What does a PVC quick coupler look like. I tried Google but couldn't see anything that I thought would work below ground. If you don't mind how much a foot for the PVC pipe? I must be getting hosed here.
.80 per foot for the pipe, and no O rings visible.

pdfangus":2iscvaoo said:
HDRider":2iscvaoo said:
VC34_2011.gif

THE QUICK CONNECTS ARE HANDY....

WE HAD A PRODUCER WHO PUT IN ALTERNATING QUICK CONNECTS AND FROST FREE HYDRANTS. THE COWS KEEP KNOCKING HIS HYDRANTS INTO THE ELECTRIC FENCE AND SHORTING OUT THE FENCE...

WE NORMALLY SPACE THEM AT THE INTERVALS OF THE PIPE JOINTS NORMALLY 300 FEET.

AT 1.70 PER FOOT INSTALLED YOU ARE DOING OKAY....IT IS HIGHER HERE....
DID YOU KNOW YOUR CAPS LOCK IS ON?

True Grit Farms":300o2e9y said:
M-5":300o2e9y said:
Im still trying to digest spending 10grand on water line. Must be nice to have money to burn.

I see it as an investment myself. Boy it sure would be nice to have water access all over my place.
I thought long and hard on this. I don't know how else I could do MIG without water. I've plumbed my ponds, I tapped into my well and I draw from county water.

BTW - I did buy a JD tractor.

HDRider":3swbkyms said:
True Grit Farms":3swbkyms said:
M-5":3swbkyms said:
Im still trying to digest spending 10grand on water line. Must be nice to have money to burn.

I see it as an investment myself. Boy it sure would be nice to have water access all over my place.
I thought long and hard on this. I don't know how else I could do MIG without water. I've plumbed my ponds, I tapped into my well and I draw from county water.

BTW - I did buy a JD tractor.

My hero!

jedstivers":2819srfk said:
How well will the MIG pay off. Not critical, really asking.
Will this watery line finish you off or do you have more to do?
Right or wrong, this being long term for me, I hope MIG pays off by running a few more head, managing drought and keeping hay cost down.

This is my last water works except redoing one old pond some day. I might do another new pond as I recognize the need.

We have valves like HD is putting in. Had them for several years now and have been happy with them. Recently a cow stepped on one and broke it. Put covers over them to prevent that from happening again.

My 2 :2cents:

Farmgirl

Farmgirl":3uc43dcg said:
We have valves like HD is putting in. Had them for several years now and have been happy with them. Recently a cow stepped on one and broke it. Put covers over them to prevent that from happening again.

My 2 :2cents:

Farmgirl
I put six inch PVC down to the water line and a cap on top. The quick connects are inside that. About four inches of the pvc is above ground. I put t post next to them so I don't drive over them when the grass gets tall.

Latest posts