Water Line

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":vketfmdj said:
Starting my second water line today. This one is about 6,000 feet of 2" PVC with quick connect couplers every 200 feet with three four-hole Ritchies.
How's this working out now with spring grass coming on?

I don't have a enough cattle to keep up with the grass!!!

The thing I'm learning is it is hard to put up small paddocks on rolling hill land with woods and creeks and obstacles. I need a good square piece of land!!!

HDRider":3928gje1 said:
I don't have a enough cattle to keep up with the grass!!!

The thing I'm learning is it is hard to put up small paddocks on rolling hill land with woods and creeks and obstacles. I need a good square piece of land!!!
Fewer then 9 corners is considered square around here.

It is not the number of wells but the number of water points driving me. I have three different sources of water running the same piping, a well, ponds and county water.

HDRider":1nx3p5dq said:
It is not the number of wells but the number of water points driving me. I have three different sources of water running the same piping, a well, ponds and county water.
How does your pond system work?

Each pond has a center pipe perforated and plumbed under the levee, with a shut off valve to the water line.

neighbor put in these 10' ? sections of PVC with quick connects on each end (not like what you're showing)

it last a few months and now he has like 40 leaks in all different spots.. I told him thats way too many connections for underground..

I use 500' rolls of 1.25" poly pipe

ddd75":klkm0rla said:
neighbor put in these 10' ? sections of PVC with quick connects on each end (not like what you're showing)

it last a few months and now he has like 40 leaks in all different spots.. I told him thats way too many connections for underground..

10' sections are ok around the house and yard. I can't imagine running much of it that short out in the pastures.

185' of well cost me $5K in '09--tank, pump, and plumped/wired in. Took 'em about 4hrs work tops... :cry2:

ddd75":2z2qqw37 said:

guy who had my place before me was a well driller. I have a couple nice drilled wells on the place. I still have some well drilling rigs out by the old barn