Watch your back Bama fans, Horns at it again

Help Support CattleToday:

As much as we would like to see Mack Brown continue coaching at UT...it's time for him to retire and it would be interesting to see what Saban could do there. UT recruits the top players every year so Saban would turn their program around in just a year or two.

Limomike":3da5lu1p said:
Saban said he is too dam old. But I think $$$$ talks..

Read that his contract with 'bama went thru 2020....gonna cost TU a bunch of $$$ to buy that out. Can't imagine Saban wanting to leave unless he just loves a challenge.

I am not sure how long Sabin will coach anywhere. He is an intensely dedicated coach and that has to take it's toll sooner or later.
Nick is not a kiss up kind of guy. He set the press straight right from the get-go here.
Mack has a lot of political pull.
Texas should not have let Will Muschamp go. He is my bet to replace Sabin when he eventually steps down and becomes AD. Nick has been at this for many years. He has more money than his children's children will ever spend. He has free reign at Alabama, is winning and seems happy.
Not sure he is willing to give up what he has built to rebuild somewhere else. His name comes up every year for some job.
Guess time will tell.

M5farm":1u2q5owv said:
I've heard on the radio this morning it was a 10million offer. IDK

I wouldn't be surprised. TU has always thought they could buy whatever they set their sights on.

Worst negotiating tactic possible! "Nick, how much to get you away from Bama?". Nick" 10 million a year.". UT "Okay! It's done! See you on campus!"

The sad news is our media is saying USC needs to after him, L.A. Boosters and SC can match or exceed the 10 mil ....... I don't want to face Saban in the PAC 12, stay in Bama or go to Texas.

This is getting ridiculous. Wonder what the top paid professor that is teaching or researching is getting?

I like capitalism, but our priorities as a nation are pretty messed up.

Ten million is a fraction of what a winning program brings in revenue.
Empty seats, empty hotel rooms and empty restaurants do not bring in much tax revenue or local job security.
The Alabama football program generated 93 million in university revenue last year and earmarked 6.5 million to university academics. Professors love to work at a university with successful sports programs.
The 93 million was only money generated for the university and does not include money collected by the city and state in other revenue generated. Each home game has a 25 million dollar impact on the city of Tuscaloosa.
Football profits under Saban went from 7.1 million to 19.4 million.

Tim/South":ki4w0oxo said:
Empty seats, empty hotel rooms and empty restaurants do not bring in much tax revenue or local job security.
The Alabama football program generated 93 million in university revenue last year and earmarked 6.5 million to university academics. Professors love to work at a university with successful sports programs.
The 93 million was only money generated for the university and does not include money collected by the city and state in other revenue generated. Each home game has a 25 million dollar impact on the city of Tuscaloosa.

Bingo! 10 mil is just a drop in the bucket for the top tier teams. Millions are brought in every home game in Eugene. So is why with USC having empty seats at the coliseum Lane Kiffen won't survive long. Forget losing games, he'll get canned for losing too much revenue.

Tim/South":nqmouhln said:

That's all good but the teasippers at U of Texas had $104 million gross and $25 net on football alone. Hard to compete against them when they start throwing money at something they want especially if you're someone like Baylor, in the same conference and you generate a paltry $14 million Gross.

TexasBred":2pa094dv said:
Tim/South":2pa094dv said:

That's all good but the teasippers at U of Texas had $104 million gross and $25 net on football alone. Hard to compete against them when they start throwing money at something they want especially if you're someone like Baylor, in the same conference and you generate a paltry $14 million Gross.
Still, that's just a drop in the bucket--the oil bucket.
USC better dig deep if they're going to embark on a head coach bidding war.
The Univ of Texas system will bring in close to $1 billion just this year in oil/gas royalties.
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/20 ... in-permian

Interesting stuff, I believe USC can compete in a bidding war. But it brings up the question, can Alabama compete?

I suspect so Alan. The Tide has a huge and deeply committed alumni, far flung even--some with deep pockets tho I don't know how or if that kind of "contribution" would be allowed by current college rules.

You know that USC is going to do something. When the Cougars beat them..... well that is just embarrassing for them because the Cougars are always at the bottom of the Pac 12.

greybeard":1422mh06 said:
Still, that's just a drop in the bucket--the oil bucket.
USC better dig deep if they're going to embark on a head coach bidding war.
The Univ of Texas system will bring in close to $1 billion just this year in oil/gas royalties.
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/20 ... in-permian

Yep they get 2/3 and the Aggies only get 1/3. Still a chunk of money.

Mack needs to go, but they need someone younger than Saban. Wouldnt surprise me to see em make a run at Gundy at Oklahoma State or Art Briles at Baylor.

houstoncutter":1q8mjcw0 said:
Mack needs to go, but they need someone younger than Saban. Wouldnt surprise me to see em make a run at Gundy at Oklahoma State or Art Briles at Baylor.

Been hearing some talks that Briles might be the man. Seems he's turned around every team he ever coached. At a place like UT he could be awesome.

Latest posts