Wasp stings.

Help Support CattleToday:

Baking soda and water to form a paste works wonders. My son got some wasps down his shirt and we applied it immediately and there was no swelling (and he's a sweller)

crushed asprin mixed with water works real well. Coat bite.
2 benadryl and prednesone...you don't have to die from a bite to be allergic,
Got stung buy a honey bee. Never a problem before next mornig my arm was swollen from the elbow to the fingers. It was huge. They gave me a IM in the arm equivalent to 2 tabs benadryl and a needle of prednsone so big...in the butt.
for a week benadryl 2 tabs 6x a day. so sleepy.
Any how it's what is called a localized reaction...from the allergist. i have an an epi pen on hand at all times...just in case when when i work with my bees. As well as a prescription of prednesone incase this happens again.

Have to agree with Bez+...keep a Eppie pen on hand you may not be so lucky the next time.
I'm not alergic but keep a auto injector (eppie pen) in the kitchen anyway along with my nitro pills.
Dave Mc

bigbull338":3h93hzza said:
Horticattleman":3h93hzza said:
wet tobacco
i second that good old tobbacca or snuff.will take the sting out fast.an stop the pump knott swelling.been there an done that.an it works.

Yes, tobacco as well as ammonia work. When I was a kid growing up, we kept a bottle of "Black Leaf 40" in medicine cabinet---worked for all sorts of stings, bites. BL40 was a nicotine based product. Doubt that it is available anywhere anymore, however.

"Black Leaf 40" was also an insecticide if I remember right, but if it worked, it worked. :D

Horticattleman":3e3qksz1 said:
wet tobacco

I agree....chewing tobacco works great. I got stung by some hornets last weekend and after putting the tobacco on the stings they quit hurting and the swelling went down

My friend at work is allergic to flying insect stings and carries an epi-pen, (an injection pen containing epinephrine).
Your body produces epi, so I don't think it would hurt you if you used it for a mild allergic reaction. Ask your doctor.

Crowderfarms Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Wife always drops a tea bag in hot water, takes it out and puts it on the sting, and it really works.Draws out the poison.

A tea bag Crowder? As onery as you are, I would think you would be spittin plugs all day. :D Speakin of Red Man, what if you don't have any? You are ten miles out from town and you would have to run in and get some. Hmmm, I can see that.
I think a good shot of JD or such and go lay down. Maybe a couple of shots. Maybe until you get pie-eyed, or some Shine, that would be good.

Dick

icandoit":3cgu2d3s said:
Crowderfarms Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Wife always drops a tea bag in hot water, takes it out and puts it on the sting, and it really works.Draws out the poison.

A tea bag Crowder? As onery as you are, I would think you would be spittin plugs all day. :D Speakin of Red Man, what if you don't have any? You are ten miles out from town and you would have to run in and get some. Hmmm, I can see that.
I think a good shot of JD or such and go lay down. Maybe a couple of shots. Maybe until you get pie-eyed, or some Shine, that would be good.

Dick
Take one of them Skoal pouches and try that. I got one on a Red Wasp bite now.MY SIL gave it to me.For the likes of all get out that great lookin' lil' Heifer eats them things.Even has the "ring" worn into her Wranglers.

I'll tell you what really works, and probably better than anything. As soon as you get stung, or snake bit, yes, snake bit get to a weed eater, or lawn mower, or chain saw, The newer vehicles put out too much, with all the changes made from the 1970's models. cut an extention cord or the likes and skin both ends, put one end in the spark plug wire cap n put it back on the plug, {I have to tape the other end to the sting} I can't stand it too well, but pull the rope, and get about 6 or 7 jolts right where you were stung, or bitten, and the pain, and swelling will stop within minutes. I promise this works even on a snake bites. Yea it's kinda rough, but it's better than dying. It neutralizes the enzimes {sp} in the venem. Back in the 80's there were several articles in Outdoor Life magazine {Proven}. I even used it on 2 brown recluse spider bites, and didn't rot a hole out in me. The doctor said the rash was sure enough the effects of the brown recluse, but there should be a hole where you were bitten that you could stick the thumb in, n I told him what I did. He had never heard about it. He believes now. It is great for the wasp stings, and especially the hornet. It's not fun, but it's great if you swell bad.

tryinhard

tryinhard":33i5o1id said:
6 or 7 jolts right where you were stung, and the pain, and swelling will stop within minutes.
tryinhard

Amonia kills the pain of a sting instantly. Just pour amonia on bee, wasp, or scorpion stings and you're done. You won't know you've been hit. Pain is completely gone as soon as it hits it. Nuetralizes the chemical in the venom.

Don't know about snake bites. I might try your shock therapy if I ever get snake bit.

Well I just jumped to the end so I don't know if someone has already mentioned it. Try meat tenderizer. If you don't have any of that stuff try chewing tobaco (chewed, of course).