Red Wasp

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
In my lifetime I have bought a semi trailer or wasp spray.
Today I mixed up Permethrin in my quart pump up spayer it killed them Black Flag Dead.
I took out a half dozen nest in the top of the barn.
I will never buy that high priced spray again.

Yes sir it will do that ... I also spray my dogs with permethrin and spray them weekly keeps ticks and fleas off of them.

Buddy had one to many Busch's and sprayed his wife's little toy dog a little to much. Found it in the pond a couple of days later. He can't think of anything else that would have killed it. His wife and daughter liked to have shot him.

J&D Cattle":2rklkozi said:
Buddy had one to many Busch's and sprayed his wife's little toy dog a little to much. Found it in the pond a couple of days later. He can't think of anything else that would have killed it. His wife and daughter liked to have shot him.

thats crazy... I only spray the hounds with it they seem to be ok with it.. as far as cats go no cats on my place they are moving targets lol

We put some dish soap in a fire extinguisher with water and air it up to 120psi. The wasps can't fly with soap on wings and die fast. We have sprayed 7 inch wide nests and never been stung.

soap water works like a charm.

this is off topic. ga.prime, you avatar's tan reminds me of a Oompa Loompa. Kind of orange isn't she?

1982vett":2zqj50qy said:
ga.prime":2zqj50qy said:
Light a newspaper afire and hold it up to the nest. Burns their wings off.

Don't do that in a haybarn...... :shock:

Guy burned down a old church over here that was over a 100 year's old trying to burn some off the old porch..
It went up like gasoline it was built out of heart pine.

WD-40 and a lighter used to work pretty good, but I hear they changed the formula so it doesn't light off easily anymore.

Every spring and again late summer or early fall, I mix up 25 gal batches of permethrin or malation and spray my whole yard with my little 4 wheeler sprayer tank, including under my house with the wand, up to the eaves and up in the floor joists. Where greybeard goes, nothin grows.

greybeard said:
WD-40 and a lighter used to work pretty good, but I hear they changed the formula so it doesn't light off easily anymore.

Every spring and again late summer or early fall, I mix up 25 gal batches of permethrin or malation and spray my whole yard with my little 4 wheeler sprayer tank, including under my house with the wand, up to the eaves and up in the floor joists. Where greybeard goes, nothin grows.[/quote]

That's ok buddy. Found out that Demon WP mixed double strength will either kill or make extremely sick just about every kind of rose bush and flower in the yard. :cry2:

greybeard":5hoglxo0 said:

Every spring and again late summer or early fall, I mix up 25 gal batches of permethrin or malation and spray my whole yard with my little 4 wheeler sprayer tank, including under my house with the wand, up to the eaves and up in the floor joists. Where greybeard goes, nothin grows.
I think "used to" are key words here..... :shock: .....I've used it before, but a couple days ago I almost got in trouble...It knocked em to the ground but they didn't stay down :shock: :shock:

1982vett":1kcdt7ta said:
greybeard":1kcdt7ta said:

I think "used to" are key words here..... :shock: .....I've used it before, but a couple days ago I almost got in trouble...It knocked em to the ground but they didn't stay down :shock: :shock:
Kinda hard for 'em to fly with their wings burned to a crisp.
WD-40 and a lighter...but I hear they changed the formula so it doesn't light off easily anymore.
Flame on.

(no, I don't recommend this method to anyone less crazy than myself or to novices not familiar with flamethrowers, and it's NOT to be implemented in a hay barn)

A few days ago I went to move one of those little 3pt booms that used to be common on Ford 9n tractors, and was promptly rewarded with an onslaught from them dang guinea wasps. They got me good. Yellow jackets on steroids.

greybeard":2skwifbi said:
A few days ago I went to move one of those little 3pt booms that used to be common on Ford 9n tractors, and was promptly rewarded with an onslaught from them dang guinea wasps. They got me good. Yellow jackets on steroids.

You are supposed to look this time a year now just grab a hold then go O Shyt. :lol:

Latest posts