Washington. Stupid

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Hello and welcome Initiative 594, voted in by west-siders and those in Spokane area. Gun legistlation. We talked about it before; you can look it up to see how invasive it would be -- oh . . . now, how invasive it WILL be.

TennesseeTuxedo":3dj5toqw said:
I have no idea what Initiative 594 is but I do wish you could edit your subject line to something more appropriate for public consumption.

I AGREE you do not have to show your upset like this !!!!!!!!!!

In a very brief overview of 594, the bill closes loopholes in background checks on private gun sales, meaning for example, in Washington there will be a background check for guns purchased at gun shows.

Alan":17afx3v0 said:
In a very brief overview of 594, the bill closes loopholes in background checks on private gun sales, meaning for example, in Washington there will be a background check for guns purchased at gun shows.

we have background check here at gun shows if it is a licensed dealer. if you want to buy a gun in the parking lot or back ally they can not regulate that.

Around here you have background checks to get a gun license.. not when you buy a gun. Buying a gun from a store you need to show your ID, private sales it's up to the seller, some do, some don't require it.

Sorry. Was NOT happy last night. Frustration brings on bad language sometimes. Yes, it is hugely more rules on background checks. Washington Initiative 594 means you can't loan your rifle or shotgun to your son or your nephew or niece or brother for hunting season without a background check (unless they are with you in the field -- there are some exceptions for that). When you die, if you have specific bequests for your firearms for family members or friends, they will need to pass a background check to take possession (and I think that has to be done w/in 60 days, whether or not there is grieving and other details). Gun shows as we know them will be totally re-structured, and you won't be able to just dicker and swap anymore. And there's more and more and more prohibitions. Nothing about adults locking up guns to keep them away from kids to prevent accidental or deliberate shootings. STILL, NOTHING that covers those in private treatment for mental health issues that might signal a Columbine or Colorado theater shooting tragedy -- not covered. It probably didn't help that there was a school shooting here the week before the elections, but that was a family-owned, legally purchased firearm the kid got his hands on, in a family of hunters and sportsmen.

As George Carlin said "Gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards, but not a list of criminals and maniacs"

Meanwhile the criminals and maniacs are going to get guns whether they're allowed to or not.

Latest posts