War on Agriculture

Help Support CattleToday:

simme

Old Dumb Guy
Reaction score

This is what we face. A governor who appoints an anti agriculture person as the state Ag Commissioner and a vegan activist to the Veterinary Board. Who would have thought we would "progress" this far?

It is disheartening that a governor would do that. Even more disheartening to realize that he was duly elected - majority of the voters wanted such a person as governor, I assume. Then the comments at the bottom by our fine citizens. WOW! In cattle, we talk about moderation. Not chasing extremes on either end. Maybe there is an analogy there that applies to things other than cattle.

Maybe they are moving their agriculture in a more "green" direction - greenhouses and growlights to go with their legalization. Just seems like they could not turn against traditional agriculture.

If you do a little research, he is a very wealthy person and is very liberal.

In Texas, we elect our Ag Commissioner. My fear is someday, there will be enough people in Dallas, Houston, and Austin that a non-Ag person is voted into the office.

We need an electoral college for the state.

City people outnumber rural people and I'm afraid that's going to show up in future elections like this next one.

City people outnumber rural people and I'm afraid that's going to show up in future elections like this next one.

That will definitely be the case if they ever do away with the electoral college, it's sad that people in the city are so out of touch with us rural people and where their food comes from. You can blame the media really, always badmouthing farmers and if there's ever an interview with some rural person they try to find the dumbest most illiterate white trash they can to interview and it portrays us all that way. Or the farmer that really don't give a rip about the welfare of their animals or workers is the one shown on the news instead of the average farmer that cares for the wellbeing of an animal.

In Texas, we elect our Ag Commissioner. My fear is someday, there will be enough people in Dallas, Houston, and Austin that a non-Ag person is voted into the office.

We need an electoral college for the state.
Especially with the mass exodus of California and the northern states. Land sales and upper end home purchases are on a steady rise in Texas due to those people leaving their failed local governments.

Especially with the mass exodus of California and the northern states. Land sales and upper end home purchases are on a steady rise in Texas due to those people leaving their failed local governments.
Problem is that many of those people from those failed states bring their opinions and beliefs with them and slowly become activists in their new states. Not recognizing that they are trying to convert their new state into a version of their old failed one. Some of those people will purchase land near a real farm and then start complaining about the odors, noise, trucks, tractors, etc. File complaints and lawsuits. Their version of paradise is then in conflict with the farmers version.

Hey, have you met anyone from Cali? Nearly everyone that I've met left to escape Communism and came to Texas for the conservativism. I'm sure that Austin has a better sample of Cali than Branchville, though.

Hey, have you met anyone from Cali? Nearly everyone that I've met left to escape Communism and came to Texas for the conservativism. I'm sure that Austin has a better sample of Cali than Branchville, though.
Yes I have met some very conservative Californians. I hope that is the case. We are still dealing with a lot if influx in to rural America that were not raised in rural areas. That presents it's own set of challenges.

Latest posts