Wanted, Mathematicians and financial gurus

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Need a little help with something. Had breakfast this morning with a contractor and we were discussing a little venture and I need your help with the math.

Lets say the contractor and I went in together and built one of those big furry rainbow things the government wants so bad. The government will reimburse us 90% of the cost of building the little furry rainbow thing and we can probably pad the bills to where they will pay 100% possibly even 120% but lets say we don't and we play honest. Now if we were to do this we are guaranteed an 18% return on our investment for 20 years - assuming of course someone in Washington doesn't get smart and call this a waste of taxpayers money and change the law but this isn't likely to happen because its furry and rainbowish.

My question is this, what would you say would be our rate of return if we built this big furry rainbow things without the government paying for 90% of it?

A benicehole cover?
e0ea84c313de8bddbffbb8a3f39f1f14.jpg

Jogeephus":3vjqumew said:
Need a little help with something. Had breakfast this morning with a contractor and we were discussing a little venture and I need your help with the math.

Lets say the contractor and I went in together and built one of those big furry rainbow things the government wants so bad. The government will reimburse us 90% of the cost of building the little furry rainbow thing and we can probably pad the bills to where they will pay 100% possibly even 120% but lets say we don't and we play honest. Now if we were to do this we are guaranteed an 18% return on our investment for 20 years - assuming of course someone in Washington doesn't get smart and call this a waste of taxpayers money and change the law but this isn't likely to happen because its furry and rainbowish.

My question is this, what would you say would be our rate of return if we built this big furry rainbow things without the government paying for 90% of it?

I wouldn't claim to be either, but I like both math and money. Not sure if your joking or serious. What is a furry rainbow thing? I would enjoy the challenge of running the numbers if I knew.

The real question is what will it cost me? The American tax payer ...... Thanks Jo! Now I'm in a bad mood!

kenny thomas":2analkvj said:
Aww, he?? I gotta ask. What is a furry rainbow thing?

The reason we don't need the keystone pipeline. Solar panels man solar panels.

Lets figure this a bit further. Lets just say it will cost $20,000 per acre to put them in and DotGov pays 90% of the bill. This means we don't have but $2000/acre in it. 18% of this is $360/acre/year. But wait a minute. The county is going to tax us on the improvement. So with the improvement on the property the property is now worth $22,000/acre. Of course the county only charges a 3.3% tax on 40% of the value which comes to $290.40 per acre leaving us with $69.60/acre of passive income. So with my state and federal income tax we are looking at netting about $41/acre/year so all we need is a million acres in panels and we will make $41 million a year. We'll be rich thanks to the help of DotGov.

Oh yeah, gotta keep the place mowed and weed eated around the posts and maybe a little herbicide work but for $41 million this is nothing. Hey, maybe I can get an electric lawnmower and an electric weed eater and it won't cost me a thing!!!!

Sure been a crappy winter for making solar power. I want in on the 41 million part, the rest makes my head hurt.

I think the 2000 an acre investment on a million acres would lead to my not being able to participate. I don't think I could convince anyone but the feds for the right kind of political donations that I'm worth 2 Billion. I think you'd need to get closer to 100% recovery on building costs to make it all work out.... I'm not thinking clear this morning, so maybe I'm missing something.

Without about a 97% plus recovery of start up cost, I think you need one more coconut in your shell game. If you made me your CEO and paid me handsomely, when all the cards fell and we left the unpaid balance to the tax payers, I'd cut you in on the windfall.

My managerial fees are negotiable, but I sure don't see $4 an acre as unreasonable, plus expenses and lobbying fees of course.

Commercialfarmer":2rw6yd66 said:
If you made me your CEO and paid me handsomely, when all the cards fell and we left the unpaid balance to the tax payers, I'd cut you in on the windfall. My managerial fees are negotiable, but I sure don't see $4 an acre as unreasonable, plus expenses and lobbying fees of course.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with the ethanol program so your experience with this green energy would be very helpful.

Alan":2rw6yd66 said:
The real question is what will it cost me? The American tax payer ...... Thanks Jo! Now I'm in a bad mood!

Alan, no need to be in a bad mood. You are forgetting your taxes are deductible and you also have to remember that this is creating jobs. 18% return on investment, job creation .... what could be wrong with this?

Red Bull Breeder":2byxo4zd said:
I would think a ethanol plant would be a lot more fun. Maybe not as profitable, but more fun for sure.
I take it you don't enjoy bird hunting.......or bbq'ing them

Cartoon-flux001.jpg

SolarCookedEagles-420x279.png

Here's where the real $$ is going be in solar power.
Solar powered tanning beds..
environmental-issues-alternative_energy-energy_source-environmentalist-energy_policy-green_energy-mban2364_low.jpg

I am actually thinking about putting in a solar panel array. I need a new shed for the sheep. Might as well get the government to pay for the roof :)
Our area is so dusty(when its not sloppy wet) I worry about how to keep them clean.

Sheep would eliminate your landscaping costs.

Latest posts