wanted: Angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

cattleman537

Reaction score
Looking for a registered angus bull that is aroung 18 mnths old from good stock and an easy calver. I have a few heifers to have bred and need one real soon.

John

There are gobs of Angus breeders in IN. Check out the Indiana Angus Association website for breeders near you.

Two good Angus herds in Indiana that I would consider are Stewart Select Angus in Greensburg and Schrader Angus in Columbia City. Both programs are very solid and breed for cattle that work in the pasture; not jut in the showring.

Indiana is a very show oriented state and too many Indiana purebred breeders (of nearly all breeds) are too focused at success in the showring, and somehow fail to recognize that they first need to produce cattle that work in the commercial industry.

UG":31odkqt1 said:
There are gobs of Angus breeders in IN. Check out the Indiana Angus Association website for breeders near you.

Two good Angus herds in Indiana that I would consider are Stewart Select Angus in Greensburg and Schrader Angus in Columbia City. Both programs are very solid and breed for cattle that work in the pasture; not jut in the showring.

Indiana is a very show oriented state and too many Indiana purebred breeders (of nearly all breeds) are too focused at success in the showring, and somehow fail to recognize that they first need to produce cattle that work in the commercial industry.
I agree 100% with you about how most of the Angus breeders in Indiana are focused on the showring and never have the commerical man in mind. Also, another angus breeder would be Wilson Cattle Company.

cattleman537":3biiyaiz said:
Looking for a registered angus bull that is aroung 18 mnths old from good stock and an easy calver. I have a few heifers to have bred and need one real soon.

John

Here's a link to Angus organizations in IN:

http://www.angus.org/links/assoc.html#IN

Ask them if there's a bull sale in your area anytime soon.

And a link to some IN Angus breeders who have websites. You might email them and ask if they have bulls you'd be interested in:

http://www.angus.org/links/memlinks.html#IN

Good luck....

Latest posts