Voting

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We are voting in Tennessee on Thursday, and everyone be sure to look at the elected officials very closely, even if they are good ole boys and have been in office for a long time. One of our career Republican Senators was rated an A by NRA in 2003 and he advertises as it was awarded today, but he voted with Obama's anti gun agenda. He says that he is fighting Obama care, but his record shows that he voted for it to pass on this last ordeal when Ted Cruz tried to stop it from passing. Another one of our Republican Farmer Representatives voted for Obama care this last time too, and he will not get my vote either. I wrote and asked why he voted for it and got a canned letter that stated that he didn't want to see the government shut down and didn't want anyone to miss work. I wrote back and said, what is a few days of missing work compared to Obama Care for a lifetime? I asked them to take me off of their mailing list as he would not be getting my vote again, and they continued to send me mail. I sent the same letter again, and someone finally stopped sending me emails. He lives in the next county to me. Fincher.

So everyone look it up and see what your people are supporting. They seem like nice people, but they are going along with what makes them the most money and get them the most favors. Both of these I voted for and will not do it again.

This is the only way we can turn our country around, so don't put the same people back in office that are keeping our country headed in the direction it is headed.

I'm right there with you chuckie. I think both senators are more about hanging out with the Washington crowd now than doing what's right by the state and country. I hope to see some changes at my local and state level after Thursday. It always amazes me though how low voter turnout is. People take for granted what so many fought and died for us to be able to do.

In most cases if you vote for incumbent you are voting for business as usual. We just surprised one of our career guys with an upset.

I think part of the reason for low voter turnout is they all turn into the same fat hogs at the public trough.. and the people who would really make a difference wouldn't take that job in a million years!

proud to say that in our primary I cast the first vote in the precinct and it was a vote against Eric Cantor.....I was surprised at how badly he was beaten....but many folks felt as I did that he had become an establishment politician and lost touch with the people....now we will try a new guy....

Voter turnout in our neck of the woods is low also. A guy that we know told my husband that he doesn't vote because he doesn't want to get called for jury duty.
Well, jurors are drawn from licensed drivers and he got called anyway.
So many people don't care, then they complain when things don't go the way they want it to.

Here, our best elections happen when voter turnout is low... We get landslide commonsense results when only the people that have enough of an informed opinion to care one way or the other show up to vote. I cringe every time I hear ads reminding people to get out and vote... If they don't care enough to remember on their own then I don't want their opinion influencing things that effect me!

chippie":336mc6k6 said:
told my husband that he doesn't vote because he doesn't want to get called for jury duty.

Yup.....and I have also been told, by quite a few I might add, that "its rigged", "they already know who's going to win", "one vote ain't going to make a difference","I don't care, they're all crooks". And these same folks will bytch and moan about everything. A couple of them, with whom we spend alot of time, I've told them that if they aren't going to vote, I don't want to hear their complaints because they didn't even try to do anything about it.

Katherine

Too all the TN guys, I met a lady Saturday at a gun show that is running for TN senator. I was very impressed with her and her thoughts on gun control and the government all together. She was well educated but knew how to talk to common people like me. If I was in TN she would have my vote.

kenny thomas":3d8b7dux said:
Too all the TN guys, I met a lady Saturday at a gun show that is running for TN senator. I was very impressed with her and her thoughts on gun control and the government all together. She was well educated but knew how to talk to common people like me. If I was in TN she would have my vote.
Was it Brenda Lenard? She came to a meeting I was at one time, and I liked what she had to say. What I know about her, she seems like she would be an improvement over Lamar. Carr seems pretty good too. I'll be glad when Corker is up for election again. He's been a big disappointment.

Yes that is her. She did not have good things to say about how things are being done now. She said she is a conservative and she sure talked like one. I liked how she talked.

I am so surprised at how many people that will not vote. There is so much more to lose than spending a day or two on jury duty. Then I am not sure why the others don't go.
It would really bother me if I woke up the next day and I realized that I had missed election day, and did not cast my vote. It is the first step that I can make in protecting my country. It may be the last step that I can take if no one else votes.

I did the early voting its so much quicker.
I have a little place on I 40 with a lit billboard sign, I sent the Carr folks an email telling them they could put a sign there if they wanted to, no reply from them either way, i would have at least replied one way or the other, seemed to me a lit place right on I 40 and free would have been a gift, but what do i know maybe they feel they got this. I did offer the same thing to George W his last election they only wanted to charge me 500 to let them put the sign there, so at least Carr's camp didnt offer to charge me.

kenny thomas":ebuwj7db said:
Yes that is her. She did not have good things to say about how things are being done now. She said she is a conservative and she sure talked like one. I liked how she talked.
A person needs to do more than just talk to get my vote. I like looking into there history to get a sense of the kind of person they really are. If they've been in public office before I check out their voting histoy. Judges, I'll look into their rulings to see which way they lean

The Supreme Court Judges, I am not happy about how this system is set up. If you try to find any information on them, you cannot. They are all rated so high, as they are rated by their peers, so they in return will get high ratings.
There is no where that you can find how they rule on gun laws, abortions, crimes, etc. They do this on purpose. They should have to show their records just like everyone else does.
They need to show on their website what they stand for. It is their right to do so, but they don't.
If they can't do that, then I say, bye-bye!!

Chuckie":38o9i2jj said:
I am so surprised at how many people that will not vote. There is so much more to lose than spending a day or two on jury duty. Then I am not sure why the others don't go.
It would really bother me if I woke up the next day and I realized that I had missed election day, and did not cast my vote. It is the first step that I can make in protecting my country. It may be the last step that I can take if no one else votes.

Our ancestors were willing to go to war for the right to vote. They fought to give us this right.

Proud of you for doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts