Vets comments on long range wormer

Help Support CattleToday:

bse

Reaction score
I'm certainly no vet, and not sure what he is basing that on. I used it last year, the product worked great for me, cows looked good slick and shinny( could be a great grass year) I have always wormed twice a year but this last fall I did a sample, out of 5 groups only 1 group had any eggs, so no worming in the fall except for that 1 group, I think last year was done mid April, samples taken around 1st of Oct. This year gonna do it later April so the fly thing will last a little longer.

Dogs and Cows":3iiq1kq0 said:
Question for all you fellas in the hot humid section of the country. When my vet was out a few weeks ago I asked him about long range wormer for my cows. He was very much against it in my area...Piedmont of NC. Said the worm load in this hot and humid area was too great and that it is better to worm in fall and spring. I had never heard of this before, and since he is a vet I accepted his comments as gospel. Just curious if any of you have heard anything like this...or have actual experience?

Thanks!!

Tim

As soon as he sells all that Ivomec he's sitting on he'll be promoting Long Range. ;-)

Latest posts