Versatile 150 or 160?

Help Support CattleToday:

kickinbull

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with either of these tractors on the farm beyond a loader? How well do they work compared to traditional tractors for farming? TIA

I cant speak for the 150 or 160 series in the early to late 80s we had two Versatile 500s. They primarily did dirt work(3000 acers of corrigated pasture land into precision graded rice fields). These tractors were beasts, little to no operator comforts but would out work any man we would put on them. Doing that type of work fuel consumption was through the roof but then fuel was relatively cheap. We did use them on occasions were everything else we owned would bogg down, usually harvesting cane, but only in fields that we knew we would plow out and replant.
Back to you . . . I cant see where an articulated tractor would hinder you in any way. Just have an idea of parts avaliability. See how they cost compare to a similarly used 4X4 tractor in your area and weigh out the benifits of each/VS cost of each.

They are hydrostat tractors, so I don't think you would want to plow with them.
Other than that, I imagine they are capable. Hydrostats burn a bit more fuel than geared tractors.
I have heard they are good loader tractors. No experience, but I have shopped them.
If loader work is not job 1, I would look at something else.

Latest posts