Vaughns Bermuda Grass Question

Help Support CattleToday:

S&WSigma40VEShooter

Reaction score
I planted 12 acres of vaughns bermuda sprigs this August. It is pretty tall now in most places. However, there are a few bald spots here and there. My other farmer friends that have planted bermuda said not to worry about it as this next summer those spots will fill in. They have more expierence with it than I do and they are the ones that helped me plant it. Are what they saying correct or is there going to be a few bald spots from here on out? Do I need to plant more?

Thanks

Might very well fill in. Size of the spots is the determining factor. Risk is something else will move in first if they are rather large. Depending on your growing season it might be late to do anything this year. If the spots are sizeable you could resprig or transplant runners to the spots in the spring.

1982vett":3c1lj1yt said:
Might very well fill in. Size of the spots is the determining factor. Risk is something else will move in first if they are rather large. Depending on your growing season it might be late to do anything this year. If the spots are sizeable you could resprig or transplant runners to the spots in the spring.

I heard that. This was my second attempt at planting it. The first time we got no rain for three months. This year it has gotten almost to much rain on it.