varieties

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie?

Reaction score
Haymaker I also like celibrity, what is everyone's favorite corn and greenbeen varieties?

ollie?":3l0gmxyr said:
Haymaker I also like celibrity, what is everyone's favorite corn and greenbeen varieties?

G-90 corn and Kentucky Wonder greenbeans.

Thinking bout planting a wax bean this year too.

I like the flavor of Candy Corn better than G90 but G90 yields bigger ears so I'll probably plant G90. Still undecided on the green bean variety. A friend likes top crop best. Those kentucky wonder beans are sure good eating if they are picked early. Troublesome vines though I can do without.

ollie?":1fo2n3ur said:
I like the flavor of Candy Corn better than G90 but G90 yields bigger ears so I'll probably plant G90. Still undecided on the green bean variety. A friend likes top crop best. Those kentucky wonder beans are sure good eating if they are picked early. Troublesome vines though I can do without.

Kentucky Wonder comes in a "bush" variety too.

You ever planted "Running Okra"? Don't think that's the name of the variety but it grows on a vine like gourds. Had it all over a fence last year. Produces alot more than the stalks do.

MikeC":kh6r15lm said:
ollie?":kh6r15lm said:

Kentucky Wonder comes in a "bush" variety too.

You ever planted "Running Okra"? Don't think that's the name of the variety but it grows on a vine like gourds. Had it all over a fence last year. Produces alot more than the stalks do.
Didn't know kentucky wonder also came in a bush variety. :lol: Vining okra is a gourd. Just tastes like okra.

I like the Kandy Corn also.. never had a problem with it..and it stays sweet after being frozen. Green beans.. Contender.

Get ya' some Mountaineer Half Runner Beans. Fix up a big ol' pot of them with some smoky bacon cooked in 'em, a big ol' slab of Vidalia onion and a hunk of cornbread with some fresh butter.
If that's what i'm eatin' I won't answer the door or the telephone!!!

MikeC":2kvpt2ov said:
ollie?":2kvpt2ov said:

G-90 corn and Kentucky Wonder greenbeans.

Thinking bout planting a wax bean this year too.

MikeC, I think the yellow wax beans are even better than the green beans (not sure why they're called yellow wax beans, doesn't sound at all appetizing!) Whenever I've tried green beans, something comes in and mows them down, like OVERNIGHT! The yellow ones do better for me and they're delicious (Burpee's is what I've used).

Ordered a couple pounds each of yellow and bicolor super sweet corn from Johnny's this year just to see what they will be like....worst case the cows will have a real treat besides the stalks. Planted Candy Corn last year and wasn't real excited with the result....not all that sweet and tender. Foremost with the beans....just because they had a good description in the catalog. Dmc

Latest posts