Vacation is over

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We just spent 5 days in Pigeon Forge TN for a family vacation. I found that a vacation with twin three year olds can wear an old girl out for sure. We had a great time but had to get back to reality today, I checked cows, Jacob bush hogged and Ronnie unloaded and stacked peanut hay. We tagged calf #41 today we still have a couple of cows that we called safe with an ET that have not calved as yet, their due date was the 7th. If were done we will have the following ET calves.
RB Bridget 658 C11 111 X EXT = 3 calves 2 bulls 1 heifer
N Bar Clova Pride F2839 X Sinclair Rito 3R9 = 5 calves 2 bulls 3 heifers
Fink Pride 065 6198 LB X SAV Final Answer 0035 = 2 calves both bulls
RB Barber 756 528 B192 X Boyd New Day 8005 = 2 calves 1 bull 1 heifer
N Bar Primrose Y3051 X Finks 5522-6148 = 2 calves both bulls
Ambrose Erica A47 X SAV Final Answer = 2 calves 1 bull DOA 1 heifer
Ambrose Erica A47 X OCC Juneau 807J = 3bulls
Sinclair Lady 5X26 2P61 X 6807 = A big fat 0 both of the cows that we called safe to the ET date still haven't calved so hopefully this is just one of those long gestation deals I sure hope so I really feel that this would be a great mating.

We only have three eggs left in the tank out of our now deceased 658 cow they are Final Answer embryos the bulls we had out of this mating last year are really nice but oh how I hope we can get a heifer out of at lease one of the eggs left in the tank. We still have a tank full of the 065 x Final Answer mating so we still have a good chance of getting a heifer from that one, you can bet we will be putting some more of them in recips in January.

Has anyone on here used the Connealy Consensus 7229 bull? I would just like to see if anyone is having the same issues with the bull that we did or if this is just a freak thing. So far we have had three calves out of the bull one heifer is still alive but only weighed 42 pounds at birth, the second heifer was also 42 pounds but died two days after birth the third calf was a bit bigger 56 pounds but also died at two days. These calves were all out of either first calf heifers or three year olds but still this is just way to small, I want calving ease but this is crazy. I bred one older cow to the bull she is due 10/19 so will be interesting to see what she does. Again this could be a freak but I would like to know if anyone else has had any issues. We had our first Cole Creek Cedar Ridge IV today a really nice looking calf that weighed 66 pounds he was 8 days early so that weight was acceptable.

Gizmom

Latest posts