VA Equine Extravaganza

Help Support CattleToday:

Gale Seddon

Reaction score
We took Dicey and Feather to the VA Equine Extravaganza this weekend...here we are:

Feather and me:

PIC00006.JPG

Robert and Dicey:
PIC00003.JPG

And, especially for Rose, here's Leslie and "Gate Farm's Kiss This," a 2 yr. old jack (Dicey's half brother). He was the hit of the weekend, a real crowd pleaser:

PIC00015.JPG

oh thanks gale! :) i was woundering when that was,, leslie spoke of getting ready and trying to keep kiss clean LOL.. wow dicy has really grown very nice! and the little one is a sweetie
thanks for posting... Rose

Those animals are fantastic, Gale! Dicey looks, oh, I dunno, like she's where she needs to be...with Robert. And Feather, what a cutie!

Now, that white one with the spots and lips! Yeah, a real crowd pleaser!

Thanks for sharing. I can't stop smiling!

Alice

It poured buckets all day Friday, Saturday was sunny and windy (big crowd) and today was the same (not much of a crowd). We took the donkeys in the Breed Parade thing everyday and then wandered around with them and were mobbed by people and especially children. The donkeys are very good with people, except Feather was checking everyone's bags for treats (you can see she has been very successful at panhandling). Back to the Jenny Craig pen for her!

Gale Seddon":258qwtmm said:
It poured buckets all day Friday, Saturday was sunny and windy (big crowd) and today was the same (not much of a crowd). We took the donkeys in the Breed Parade thing everyday and then wandered around with them and were mobbed by people and especially children. The donkeys are very good with people, except Feather was checking everyone's bags for treats (you can see she has been very successful at panhandling). Back to the Jenny Craig pen for her!

I think there was about 50 mph gusts here yesterday...the wind stayed around 30 mph all day

Nice herd Gale. Feather looks sort of poor tho. You might think about up the ration on that one :roll: :lol: Why isn't that black mule standing in my pasture?

Looking at the App boy flipped the light bulb. Did you ever see the pics of the Lepeord app Mule with the perfect Mickey Mouse on his left hip? Saw him in the Western Horseman several years ago. Seems like he may have been a trick mule.Z

NamVet_Farmer44":23rtsiea said:
Gale Seddon":23rtsiea said:

I think there was about 50 mph gusts here yesterday...the wind stayed around 30 mph all day

Yes, it was VERY windy here and in Richmond...the stall we had in Richmond was under a large tent, and one of the big tent poles (in our stall) was pulled right out of the ground, dangling in the air, according to Robert. He just took the donkeys outside and tied them at the trailer.

The other weird thing that happened on Saturday morning...a Freisian stallion and a small Dartmoor pony somehow got loose and were zooming all over the barn area, flew right by the trailer (with the donkeys tied up to it). Our mini saw them coming and jumped up the side ramp into the trailer. The big donkey (Dicey) just squished herself as much as she could when the Freisian went tearing right behind Dicey between the back of our trailer and someone else's trailer (only about a six-foot space there). Some big excitement until they caught those two!

Right proud of our two girls, who didn't panic or kick, at either problem. Gotta love donkeys!

MillIronQH":x2v0dzco said:
Nice herd Gale. Feather looks sort of poor tho. You might think about up the ration on that one :roll: :lol: Why isn't that black mule standing in my pasture?

Looking at the App boy flipped the light bulb. Did you ever see the pics of the Lepeord app Mule with the perfect Mickey Mouse on his left hip? Saw him in the Western Horseman several years ago. Seems like he may have been a trick mule.Z

Thank you, Z. I have not seen the leopard/app Mickey Mouse mule photo, but would like to if you have it. Yeah, Feather is an alpha donkey and lets everyone know it, especially when there's food involved (she comes by that very honestly as her mother is a dominant jennet too). Feather's a prima donna (first in line for any fly spray, grooming, etc.) and has always been one of my favorites. (She trained me well from the start.) She has come a long way for not even being 3 yet; training the jennets is much harder than working with the jacks or geldings. Somehow, you have to convince the girls that there really is a reason to do whatever it is you want; the boys just go on out there, do it, and ask for more. They've got the spark for sure but you've got to be on your toes with those boys. Oh, and they're donkeys, not mules! :lol:

Latest posts