Bio Remedies TOTAL EQUINE Horse Feed

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
We've been using the Bio Remedies TOTAL EQUINE (as seen on RFD/TV) feed for about 2 years, and BR Remuda Molasses/Mineral tubs for our horses for several years. A couple of years ago our #1 Stallion started losing weight for some reason. We had him tested via complete Lab studies (several hundred $$ and boarding) and the best we could come up with was that the Vet Laboratory didn't have any answers. They said "when he stops eating, it's time to put him down".

We decided to take him off his bermuda hay and give him alfalfa. Also put him on a program of TOTAL EQUINE 2X a day. Within about 6 weeks he went from a "bony, lethargic horse" weighing about 750 lbs to ~1,000 lbs!! Appetite returned, and his spunk was back to normal. (We later discovered via research that the bermuda hay he had been eating had a residual of a herbicide that was toxic to him). We subsequently changed our bermuda hay suppliers and no problems after that.

Now we swear by the BR products! Coats have improved, attitudes are great, hooves are better, and our horses have never looked better.

If anyone wants more information, you can E-Mail me.

Was it the hay that was literally killing the horse or was he just needing the BioRemedies product? Harry Anderson still pushing that Tasco and Yucca Schidera I see. :nod:

Congratulations on not listening to your vet and saving your horses life. All you had to do was change the horse feed. Wow, have you told your vet yet? What was his reaction? Kudos to you for saving the horses life.

horsefeed":pw5noxda said:
Congratulations on not listening to your vet and saving your horses life. All you had to do was change the horse feed. Wow, have you told your vet yet? What was his reaction? Kudos to you for saving the horses life.
Changing hay saved the horse.

Gale Seddon":2n1942hi said:
RA Bill, glad you got this all sorted out! Do you know what the herbicide was?

We did know but I had a brain crash and forgot what it was. On the other hand, apparently the hay producer (or his source) didn't follow "withdrawal" time after herbicide applied (or, was applied at the wrong time in hay production).

On a sidebar, the hay came from an allegedly large supplier/producer in Arkansas. (No offense to Arkansas as a State, however).

Several months later, the horse went partially blind and started stumbling and acting confused. We (and previous Vets) felt that it was Cancer that finally took its toll. We had to put him down... :(

I am located at the track in Shelbyville, and would haul to someone that is GOOD. Just have a horse that is most definently in need of some work

Please help

Latest posts