utility vehicle

Help Support CattleToday:

jnm303

Reaction score
I am in process of buying utility vehicle for farm use. I nees 4WD and would like diesel. What do you receommend and why? thanks

Kawasaki Mule. They're tough, solid, last and keep their resale value. The bed is also low enough you can lift heavy stuff into them without needing a FEL

I have a Kawasaki ATV that I have had since 03 and have never had an issue with.

My father in law has a Kubota 900 diesel, 4WD, cab with air and heat, dump bed, etc..... that he says he can't live without. Even though they farmed for SEVERAL years with a gas powered golf cart. The Kubota is a fine utility vehicle but they are pricey. I think he just likes the orange paint

I like my Mule. It's not diesel but it does what I need it to do, so far. Had a Polaris Ranger. The rear differential went out just after the warranty ran out and I didn't like the thin plastic floorboard. As to the Kawasaki Prairie ATV - hard to beat.

I got a yamaha grizzly it's a little cramped in the cab but it goes wherever I tellit . Ilive in the Adirondacks and she hase'nt had an easy life 2002 and still going. but it is gas

gonzo":3m2qetis said:
I got a yamaha grizzly it's a little cramped in the cab but it goes wherever I tellit . Ilive in the Adirondacks and she hase'nt had an easy life 2002 and still going. but it is gas
Do you mean Rhino? The Grizzly is a atv.

I'd say Mule, too. My only complaint is the rough ride, due (I think) to the extremely limited suspension travel. Not too good on rough terrain. My next might be a Polaris Ranger.......

Why do you opt for diesel?

I been using the Kawasaki mules for 7 or 8 years, no problems to speak of only thing i would like is to be able to go a little faster that 25MPH, on my roads I realize the governor is on there for a reason and they are for work, so 95% of the time 25MPH is plenty fast.
I traded my single bench seat for the newer 2 seater, kinda like the single seater better, shorter wheel base but it seemed to ride smoother, dont make sense but it did, they musta cheapened up the suspension or something, other than that, been real happy with the mule, I caint compare it to the others because the Mules are the only UTV's I owned.
good luck

I have 02 gas Mule I would soon give up a tractor than loose my mule.
I have a reciever hitch on front,back and top. It pulls trailer loads of fencing material.
It rides the fenceline severaltimes a week, goes hunting to the neighbor's you name it.
Winch will fit on any of the reciver hitches on on top for loading deer or hogs.
In the front or back if you get stuck and the closest tree is in front or back.
All I have ever done is change the spark plug oil and one set of brake shoes.

Caustic Burno":220fj3up said:
I have a reciever hitch on front,back and top. It pulls trailer loads of fencing material.
It rides the fenceline severaltimes a week, goes hunting to the neighbor's you name it.
Winch will fit on any of the reciver hitches on on top for loading deer or hogs.

Speakin of tractors how did the TN series New Holland work out ?
good luck

HAY MAKER":27yaoi9y said:
Caustic Burno":27yaoi9y said:

Speakin of tractors how did the TN series New Holland work out ?
good luck

I love it plain and simple just like the guy who own's it. Not covered up with electrical solenoid's which screw up constantly. That is another road I went down and got the t shirt on. It is good on fuel when I was still baleing as anyone knows you can burn some fuel cutting and baleing hay. Get in a field of thick Bahia will give most tractors the hiccup's and suck up the diesel worked fine.

Latest posts