Utility Vehicle.....mufflers

Help Support CattleToday:

Banjo

Reaction score
Got Polaris ranger 570 a while back. All is good except its a bit noisy. Was wondering if its possible/feasible to put a car muffler on it to quiet it down, or would it? Thoughts?

There are a lot of add on ATV/UTV mufflers that you can add on to your existing pipe. They are marketed mostly to deer hunters. I will get you the name of the one I bought, I can't remember it right off. They work really well.

Ol' 243":10x08c6x said:
atvsilencer.com . . . . . . . . . .The Silent Rider
Would that help with a diesel side by side. Or is most of the noise just from the engine itself

dun":2w0oqlj1 said:
Ol' 243":2w0oqlj1 said:
Would that help with a diesel side by side. Or is most of the noise just from the engine itself

It ain't gonna stop engine noise, but it is amazing how much it quiets down exhaust. I have it on a Polaris 700 Sportsman and a 800 Ranger and you can hardly hear them run. I was concerned about performance loss, but I can't tell any difference.

Ol' 243":sungq0sd said:
dun":sungq0sd said:
Ol' 243":sungq0sd said:

It ain't gonna stop engine noise, but it is amazing how much it quiets down exhaust. I have it on a Polaris 700 Sportsman and a 800 Ranger and you can hardly hear them run. I was concerned about performance loss, but I can't tell any difference.
I know it won;t quiet the engine, just curious how much of the total noise is exhaust and not engine.

Ol' 243":cuyhi2bz said:
There are a lot of add on ATV/UTV mufflers that you can add on to your existing pipe. They are marketed mostly to deer hunters. I will get you the name of the one I bought, I can't remember it right off. They work really well.

Thanks Ol' 243, I've been thinking about getting one of those. I don't no anyone who has one so I was wondering if they worked very well. I have a Honda rancher I may get one for it now.

Ol' 243":3korcwfh said:

Interesting....I put one of those on. They do help some, but not as much as I expected it to. maybe I'm to used to riding in my truck that is so quiet I can barely hear it running.

dun":4o6o6i5d said:
I know it won;t quiet the engine, just curious how much of the total noise is exhaust and not engine.

I've had the muffler completely off my RTV900 and couldn't tell a whole lot of difference. Most of the noise on my machine appears to be from the engine itself.

EastTxBrushCattle":2leqycij said:
dun":2leqycij said:

I've had the muffler completely off my RTV900 and couldn't tell a whole lot of difference. Most of the noise on my machine appears to be from the engine itself.

I'm not a cattle expert, but I'm the certified board expert on engines. You need hearing aids. :mrgreen:

ATV's and UTV's ......being loud just seems to be part of the excitement or attraction with some. I just wonder how quiet a regular car or truck muffler would make it. Any reason it would hurt it?

Latest posts