USPS

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I ordered a package on the 22nd of January and still have not received it. Seller said it would be here on the 28th. I dig up the email and it was sent.... USPS.... :( wah...wah... wah

I've been going thru the USPS non-sense this morning trying to find the package. Best they can tell me is it was in route to my house on the 27th.... one lady told me... just give it a few more days and call back... :devil2:

I have emailed the seller for a refund now or to over night it via UPS.

Hard to feel sorry for USPS after dealing with them on stuff like this.

FEDEX does a much better job. My secretary/wife uses for them for a lot of important outgoing and return business mail. If she is expecting return mail from same address, she will simply send a FEDEX envelope in with outgoing mail, and schedule a pickup for return. I don't know how they are profitable, but they can sure move stuff around the country better than USPS.

usps is garbage I don't use them if at all possible and to me they should just close shop they are outdated and not reliable anymore IMO I prefer Fedex

Anyone ever actually buy anything from all those unsolicited 'circulars' or ads that seem to come every day..the ones addressed to some nameless, faceless person they call 'resident'?

Anyone found a way to stop them from coming?
The world needs a physical 'adblocker' for mailboxes.

40 years ago seemed everyone bxtchd about usps and I had to say we never had a problem.
Since then it has gone downhill and we've had a few glitches, but few and far between.
My guess is it depends on in which region you're located.

Son of Butch":21n65p8v said:
40 years ago seemed everyone bxtchd about usps and I had to say we never had a problem.
Since then it has gone downhill and we've had a few glitches, but few and far between.
My guess is it depends on in which region you're located.

Yes. I have not had one issue with USPS Fed Ex sent a $900 piece of equipment to a neighbor, who is almost a mile away. They kept telling me it was delivered. UPS misses me all the time. Claimed they left camera lenses at the back door. They still have not been found. The lenses were insured by the supplier so I eventually got my lenses. But it was after I came back from vacation. I wanted the lenses for vacation.

I received two different batches of chicken eggs yesterday from USPS. 40 eggs in total and none broken. Wasn't expecting them until Friday.

So I must be in the good region for USPS and bad region for UPS and FedEx. There's another one too. Can't remember their name. Bought a pump out of Florida and they changed the classification to hazardous cargo. I didn't get the pump for nearly a week.

My wife has a goat milk lotion business and i have a show cattle equipment business. We ship a lot of stuff in and out. Here in Colorado USPS is way better then the alternatives. With fed ex when we track stuff shipped in, a lot of times we will see it setting at the distribution point 10 miles from here for a few days until at least 6 pm on expected delivery day and sometimes it's 10 pm before it's here. Ups is better the only issue i had with them is one time I had an order of powder coat powder coming in and they dropped it at the wrong place. It took 3 weeks for them to even replace it because the drivers are responsible for packages dropped at the wrong house and the driver spent that time trying to get it back from the other house and they denied ever getting it. Lost the sale of 2 $1200 dryers over that deal. We have shipped all over the US to Canada and Australia with USPS and have always had great luck. Never a package lost or damaged, had great tracking, and it is always cheaper going with them. Inside the US just a few dollars but to out of country they are almost 1/2 the cost and now will insure up to 250 bucks worth of product for free.

Even when you call and try to track it their answering services is not as good as ups.

Then to tell me call in a couple days when the package is already 4 days late... :???:

I had some coveralls coming from Carhart close to Xmas thru UPS. I called and they couldn't find out exactly where they were so they took my name and number. They actually called back in about and hour with where they got delayed, why, and the new delivery date. That is when all the use storms were hitting and slowing stuff down.

Brute 23":d9cn8ei8 said:
I ordered a package on the 22nd of January and still have not received it. Seller said it would be here on the 28th. I dig up the email and it was sent.... USPS.... :( wah...wah... wah

I've been going thru the USPS non-sense this morning trying to find the package. Best they can tell me is it was in route to my house on the 27th.... one lady told me... just give it a few more days and call back... :devil2:

I have emailed the seller for a refund now or to over night it via UPS.

Hard to feel sorry for USPS after dealing with them on stuff like this.
Did you look in the ditch by the entrance to your property.....its where we find many of ours.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I mailed a power board from my TV to a repairman. Mailed through the USPS mailed on Monday and it was repaired and sent back to me by Thursday. 69 dollars plus shipping to the repairman plus USPS cost of $9.32. Fedex drops their delivers at the post office for the carriers to deliver here at A/C code 75497.

Alway hated receiving automotive Body panels from ups.. 90 percent of the time it was damaged.. especially Toyota, they'd bend just looking at em cross eyed....

don't get me started... FedEx has taken over a month to deliver a package, part of that is my fault, but it's made about 3 trips around the US by now

skyhightree1":3edwt7pc said:
usps is garbage I don't use them if at all possible and to me they should just close shop they are outdated and not reliable anymore IMO I prefer Fedex

At this point, my experiences are different.

My brother, in NY, "overnight-expressed" a package to us, via USPS and it arrived the next afternoon, 1 hour ahead of schedule.

My brother down in Bedford County (Va) received a package, via FED-X, from a nursing home in the county where I live (in Va)......... in the package was a passport, check & paperwork to renew the passport of a man in NJ. I tracked the man down, and the package originated in Chicago, and was supposed to be in California!

Nesikep":jryhbn1l said:
don't get me started... FedEx has taken over a month to deliver a package, part of that is my fault, but it's made about 3 trips around the US by now
Ya gotta take those old shipping labels off when you reuse the amazon box... :lol:

Sister in law sent a package from Ft. Worth a week before Christmas. It got here about the first week of this year. According to the tracking info, it made two full round trips between Ft. Worth and Houston (where our mail is sorted for delivery) and a couple crosstown trips in Ft. Worth before arriving at our post office and sent out to us. It arrived with a bright red piece of tape over the extra label.

I got a parcel today, that was sent in early January. Wouldn't fit in my mail box (mailbox is nearly a mile away from my house) and the rural delivery moron didn't leave a yellow 'you have a parcel' note in my box. Why she didn't put it in the parcel box (known here as 'The Big Red Box) is beyond me but I suppose she was too pre-occupied with making sure everyone got their unwanted, unsolicited, useless bulk mail addressed to 'occupant' or 'resident' to bother with actually doing her real job. (yes, I do understand the rural carriers aren't the brightest bulbs in the candelabra) I was informed via email last week by the sender that it should have already arrived so I checked with the branch post office in town today and there it was. According to the label inside the box, it left Nevada on Jan 7.

Our local carrier has taken to randomly putting our mail and the odd package or two on the front seat of the farm truck. Well hello there! (I say when I open the door and see it). A bit odd. Guess she's figured out we never lock the old truck!
UPS and FEDEX don't want to walk up the hill to the house so they just leave stuff on a chair by our Morton building. (Rain snow sleet or hail. Hurricane winds. Many days all of the above), Sometimes we randomly find a package on the front deck (which we never use). Basically, with any of the three outfits, it's like a scavenger hunt!

We once had UPS leave a package on the same road, but in a different city. It was about 8 miles away. The house was clearly abandoned (all the window broken, no doors, etc). They swore they left it with us until we figured out the problem. We went looking for it, but it was obviously not there. Either the driver stole it or a bum did. Never did find it, but it was replaced. I have had the worse luck with USPS lately, but even then the missing packages have been found the following day or so.

Latest posts