USA Holiday

Help Support CattleToday:

townfarmer

Reaction score
Just got back from a four week holiday in the US. Went with the wife and two kids. Had an amazing time. The trip was for my wife's 40th so unfortunately couldn't drag her around looking at cattle. We spent most of our time in the Utah canyon lands but we also got to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. We loved all of it; the scenery people, the people the food, the beer. We had the best time.
We met some interesting folk from the progressive left in Venice beach :eek: . One woman scolded my son for referring to her dog as "he". Apparently you shouldn't assume gender based on a set of balls :lol: Other than the crazy leftys we found people very friendly and good fun.

Here's a few pics from the trip:

IMG_7252_zpsrgfjcitv.jpg

IMG_7047_zpsrer2ve3b.jpg

IMG_6879_zpsrkwegfbo.jpg

IMG_6847_zps2qslpffk.jpg

IMG_6712_zpscioxldxn.jpg

IMG_7321_zpsttfq5mvj.jpg

Andrew

Beautiful pictures. Glad you had a fun trip other than the incident with one of the loons. Lol. Hope y'all can make it back to the US again for another trip some day.

Glad to hear your report of an amazing trip and meeting some friendly good people. :banana:

Imagine that... no feeling the need to pull a gun, by getting scared because someone walked past you on the way to
their car. By reading comments from some posters on here you'd think you would have to be extra lucky not to have
at least 1 family member shot or attacked when visiting America for more than a week :)

Interesting paradigm at work. I see so many people, (myself included) that want to visit Australia and you're posting how great your visit to America was. Glad you had a good time for sure!!

He may have been an it but had neuticles so it's self esteem wouldn;t be lowered

dun":28vuq2c2 said:
He may have been an it but had neuticles so it's self esteem wouldn;t be lowered

I actually find it offencive that the woman was so presumptuous to assume that her dog identified as a dog. I think species neutrality is just as important as gender. Who was this woman to judge? ;-)

Thanks for all the comments. The kids want to come back one day in summer so they can go to yellowstone national park.

Son of Butch":3pocez2p said:
Glad to hear your report of an amazing trip and meeting some friendly good people. :banana:

Imagine that... no feeling the need to pull a gun, by getting scared because someone walked past you on the way to
their car. By reading comments from some posters on here you'd think you would have to be extra lucky not to have
at least 1 family member shot or attacked when visiting America for more than a week :)

HaHa no-one pointed a gun at us that we know about.

Obviously the only news we get here about the US in Australia is gun crimes. After a week into our holiday my nine year old son commented that he was surprised we hadn't seen any one shooting anything yet.

greybeard":3pocez2p said:
Interesting paradigm at work. I see so many people, (myself included) that want to visit Australia and you're posting how great your visit to America was. Glad you had a good time for sure!!

The grass is always greener on the other side. We often don't appreciate the beauty in our own country til we've been away from it for a while.

Andrew

Son of Butch":3swzz691 said:

Are we having fun yet? That is a good comment, Butch.

Now, on topic. Great pictures. Don't think of it as the US. Think of it as another part of the planet you ride through space on every second of your life.

That's a good looking bunch you have there. I'm glad to hear you all had a good time and glad to see some of you guys are still here on the boards.

Latest posts