Update On Heifer with CIDR left in her for 5 months

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
October Goldie was bred by my Red angus plus bull. THe next month I took her to a ranch to be bred to a red brahman bull if she was open. The vet at the ranch said she was and after 2 previous vets had missed it he discovered a CIDR. The vet said she had a bad infection. After treating the infection she acted cystic for a month and after that there were no heats. March came and I had her palpated and my regular vet(not one of the ones who missed the CIDR) said she was 5-6 months bred which meant she settled to the red angus plus bull and the calf had survived the infection she had.

Goldie had a little simbrangus heifer out of the red angus plus bull i posted on here earlier this year on July 22.

She weighed 90 lbs (tape).

We are pretty dry in Northeast Texas I am already feeding a group of my cows hay. We had a few showers this week so hopefully the pastures I have closed off can green up and grow a little.
Mom is in better shape than this picture shows but she could use some green grass.

Goldie_and_Miracle.jpg

G_and_M.jpg

Congrats and 90lbs doesn't seem that little ,average maybe :lol:

Mom looks good for all she had been through and babe is too cute. :)

Glad you got a happy outcome of the whole ordeal and thanks for updating.

cattleman99":56phw5yi said:
What's the cow's breeding?

Sire: BAR 5 P SA EVOLUTION418S
Dam: FINN-VENTURAS GOLDIE 84G

She is a big cow i would say 1600 lbs she has one more year of growing since most cows reach mature weight at 4 so she may be an 1800-2000 lbs. I plan on AI'ing her(NO CIDR!!!!) in march to a fleck bull not sure which one yet. She is surprisingly easy to keep up on grass and hay.
Her udder and teat structure is perfect she is a decent milker not too heavy but enough I believe to raise a big calf.

http://www.dollarsdiamondd.com/TheQuest.html
Lot 19A

I hated the pictures in the catalog. They didn't do the cows any justice. I was very shocked at how good every cow looked in comparison to the catalog pictures.
But the sale was very nice and top quality cattle were sold.

Nice looking calf. The dam of your cow is one of the best pictured cows I've seen in any breed. If your breeding her Full Fleck I'd recommend you use a horned bull. One cross of polled is ok but if you get too much polled with the Full Flecks in my opinion and from experience you start to lose too much of the guts and butts. Good luck. It's looks like she's off to a good start.

cattleman99":169xsgd4 said:
Nice looking calf. The dam of your cow is one of the best pictured cows I've seen in any breed. If your breeding her Full Fleck I'd recommend you use a horned bull. One cross of polled is ok but if you get too much polled with the Full Flecks in my opinion and from experience you start to lose too much of the guts and butts. Good luck. It's looks like she's off to a good start.

THANKS and I plan on aiming her to horned bull.

If I can remember correctly her dam is the number 2 donor cow in Canada. Her sire broke his leg last year and is a popular bull.

When she is filled out my cow is a spectacular site to ser. She was one of the best built cows in the quest sale.

Latest posts