Update born dead or alive and embryo flush

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
It's a physiiological thing about the blood clotting. When the heart is pumping if it didn;t clot the calf would bleed to death. He doesn;t know why the clot deal is accurate, just that it is.
The reason for flushing in the time frame they do it is because by about day eight it enters the blastophys(sp) stage and it is much more fragile then the earlier stage.

Oh... one more thing. So is it accurate then, that the embryo doesn't really implant until ~day 30 or whatever your book had said?

milkmaid":3hljgv5t said:
Oh... one more thing. So is it accurate then, that the embryo doesn't really implant until ~day 30 or whatever your book had said?

Sometime after day 30 according to the vet. He doesn;t know the exact day. The book that I got the data from I would assume to be accurate as to when the actual attachment is made. The only way I know of to really know 100% would be to butcher bred cows at each day of pregnancy to determine the exact day. It's not that unusaul for a cow to skip 2 heats and that would pretty much fall in line with implantation not having taken place, the embryo (blasto whatever) having been sloghed and a normal heat following. In my mind, if implantation had taken place it would take longer for the uterus to get back into shape to accept another pregnancy. Those are my thoughts, not his.

Latest posts